Red Letter Day for our Enemies.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Gentlemen: Let's try to maintain our Dignity in Defeat. There's no reason to give our Enemies any more reason to celebrate than they already have.

Let us speak no more of this game.LSU! :crystal: :lsup:

1 person likes this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

JL, I'm as disappointed in this game as you are.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Here's the deal.....Do not worry over things outside of your control. Is the "thing we shall not mention" disappointing? Hell yes...but, you as a fan can not let it get under your skin. Perfect seasons come about every hundred years or so. Most of us have about fifty years left of watching LSU football, so maybe we'll see one.

We have three great home games left....AU, latech (which is fun only because we get to witness latech getting slaughtered), and Arkansas. Some of us will be enjoying an away game at bama in a few weeks...I'll be there. We get to beat Ole Piss at their place again this year....I can't wait..we always have a great time tailgating in Oxford. Put this behind you..Now..Right this minute. Don't let it fester. Nothing can come from speculating and throwing out excuses. Maybe the team will learn something from this, maybe they won't. We'll see in seven days.

Keep your freaking chins up. Stop bitching and whining. I'm with the crazy pirate on this....let's just not discuss "it" again.

So....where are we all meeting for the AU game? :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  4. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Words of wisdom, Salty, words of wisdom.

I've already put in almost fifty years of Tiger football. Hope I do have fifty more! This is hard, but when you lose you learn a lot about your own character and the character of those around you.

We are seeing a lot of good and bad character on the board tonight. :eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  5. Jean Lafitte

Oh, now you're being nice because I've established myself as Mr. Nasty.

YOU WON'T OUT-MANUEVER ME, TERRY P !

:hihi:

6. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

So.....how about that weather huh? Nice day today...blah blah freakin blah!

7. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Crystal, don't worry - I'll be proudly waring the Purple and Gold when I go out among the unwashed here in Kentucky. I'll take some ribbing, but I can handle it.

It was a nice day here, sort of like "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?":eek:ldskule:

8. Jean Lafitte

The idea is to talk about the game next week. No need to re-hash this game.

We've got to get better Offensive Line play and establish a vertical passing game.

I'm not sure that we can get these two things fixed by next week.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Everyone thought the same thing after the MSU game and we roared back vs Va Tech. I think we can fix it in this time period. These players will be playing for the SEC title next weekend. Doucet returns(as he should) and that will take plenty of pressure off of Flynn and the other recievers.

Not to be underestimated will be the bitter taste in their mouths from the loss to Auburn last year, not to mention the loss this weekend. I think Auburn has the defense to play against us, but not the offense. Regardless, it will be a slugfest. These two teams seem to play withing 3 points of each other the last few years.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

:lol:

Thank God for Arkansas yesterday or I would be in the red. I thought +10 was an easy pick this weekend especially considering last years match up. The +3 for Arkansas I thought was a gamble in the truest sense of the word.

You guys aren't out of it yet. Still, I see LSU as the odds on favorite for the West.

Do we get any love from you facing UT this weekend?