Reese announces resignation at TEXAS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mr. Peabody, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Search begins for new defensive coordinator at Texas; no other staff changes expected, Brown says

The Link

The majority of the Longhorn fans want Greg Davis the OC fired. Reese is just the goat. Mack won't get rid of his longtime friend.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Mack Brown will go down in the anals of football coaches fired due to extreme loyalty to one of their coordinators. Just remember back to Jim Mora never getting rid of his OC.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Gerry DiNardo's refusal to can Lou Tepper also comes to mind.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Jim Haslett not firing Rick Venturi as defensive coordinator for the Saints will be his downfall after next year's season.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I don't know, Peabody...you guys obviously had a great offense this year, but any time anybody hangs a 65 on your D, that's got to be a cause for concern.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Venturi predates Haslett. I'm guessing he must have pictures of one of the Saints higher-ups with a goat or something, because I don't know HOW that guy keeps managing to survive here.

7. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Benson loves Venturi... Haslett couldn't fire him if he wanted to.

8. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

At least Reese went out in style. He thanked Texas and Brown for the opportunity.

Dinardo went out kick, screaming and CRYING LIKE A PU$$Y. Five years later and he was still crying about being fired at LSU. It was everybody's fault but his own. In his 4th and 5th years, he wins 1 SEC game in 2 years and he can't understand why he was fired.

IT WAS HIS recruits that weren't graduating, yet he blamed EVERYONE ELSE.

It was HIS recruiting that resulted in LSU having less than 60 players dressed out for games and yet he blamed EVERYONE ELSE.

I'm sure he STILL crying up in Indiana about not being the coach at LSU. IN his WARPED AND DEMENTED mind, I'm sure he watched the Sugar Bowl and thought that he and Professor Lou could have had an undefeated season at LSU had he not been shafted.

Carl Reese got the hell out of Baton Rouge and Gerry's Fantasyland just in the nick of time. He left LSU with dignity and class and now he leaves Texas with dignity and class. Too bad Gerry had NO CLASS.

9. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Actually the Saints defense showed a lot of improvement this year from last year. After their horrendous beginning (1-4), when the defense was horribly injured, the team went 7-4, and probably should have went 9-2 down the stretch.

The second Carolina game was robbed from them by the refs and the second Bucs game should have been the Saints game also.

I know that is "if, if, if" but the Saints defense played well enough in both those games to win. The offense let down this year and that was the weakness of the team.