Referees - 19, LSU 7

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Oct 11, 2003.

1. eric d

eric d Founding Member

It would be great if the refs could be blamed for that loss, but they can't. The refs didn't fumble a long pass completion at the end of the game. The refs didn't leave the fullback uncovered on a touchdown. The refs didn't drop passes or make bad throws. The fact is that Florida came in very prepared for that game, and won. Give the Gators credit. They played really well.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Hey, now you come out the woodwark. How funny!!!

3. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Funny, but looking flat seems to describe the Gators this year just as much as any other team. Kentucky just didn't fininsh the Gators off.

I am really looking forward to the Jacksonville game.
    I think that Georgia wants that WIN more than the SEC East title itself.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This was the worst referee team that I've seen this year for sure, but the bad calls seemed to be evenly distributed. LSU earned most of the flags that it got.

5. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Amen

6. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Well there was the 2 fumbles that Florida had that were not called a fumble. At the end there the florida guy clearly put the ball on the ground before he was knocked out of bounds and the LSU guy(Sorry I forgot his name) picked it up and started to run for the easy TD. It was called a no fumble. Then there were countles holdings by Florida that were no calls. Lastly there was a obvious late hit on Mauck in the fourth quarter. The Florida guy drilled him into the field after the play with the ref looking directly at what was going on. Again no call. Not to be racist or anything but the African American ref had alot of bad and missed calls. Well I had to vent my anger here. In the end if we would have played better we could have offset the bad calls and won the game. I guess it was not ment to be.

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

"t the end there the florida guy clearly put the ball on the ground before he was knocked out of bounds and the LSU guy(Sorry I forgot his name) picked it up and started to run for the easy TD."

I'll not dispute any other calls you are arguing, but that UF guy's knee was down and the ground cause the ball to come out . .so I think that was a good call.

8. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Actually, the replay showed that he was clearly down. He also had a foot out of bounds if I remember correctly, but could be wrong about that one. The fact is that the Tigers played like crap, and Florida didn't. The Gators had a good plan that worked, and LSU made all kinds of mental errors. Blaming the refs is something that you do when you are 12, and you lose a pee wee game.

9. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

The caliber of officiating in the SEC is generally not up to the level of what you expect for the top football conference in college football. But they didn't lose this game for LSU. I'd love to be able to place the blame for this defeat anywhere other than LSU, but I cannot. Florida simply came in and outplayed LSU - and deserved to win.

10. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I agree that the officiating did not lose this game for LSU. But i must point out that LSU had some really successfull plays called back for Holding. Jesus you can holding on every freaking play. Didnt see Florida get one holding penalty.

Sometimes one play can turn the tide and it seemed every time LSU got in a position for something good to happen it was an interception, fumble, holding call.

That contributes to frustration and not getting the momentum going. If LSU doesnt get the holding call on the long pass to Clayton then i think you might have seen a different outcome to the game. I know it is a what if but momentum turns on those kinds of things.