reflections

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by rbc, Nov 11, 2010.

1. rbc

rbc Freshman

just sitting here watching tonight's edition of inside LSU football and miles press conference and something just dawned on me. ever since miles got here in baton rouge we have never really in our heart excepted him as head coach. we all ( even though most of us wont admit it ) love him when we win and hate him when we loose. i know i screamed fire the s.o.b. a time or two, but watching him and his reactions to these kids ( and theirs with him ) in the locker room after the bama win, he is real in his love for those kids and this university and even the culture of the state. you know he is a little quirky, different, hell down right strange sometimes but if you think about it everything about us in louisiana is a little quirky, different, and strange. our food, our politics, our cities ( where on earth is more different than new orleans ), our entire way of life. we are UNIQUE. so why should our head football coach be anything but UNIQUE. not to sound like a band wagoner or sunshine pumper or what ever else you want to call it, i think it's time to truly except him as our coach and get behind him and the tigers and let's just enjoy the ride. he wont be here forever and it's not life and death. when and if it's time for him to leave we'll know it and he will too.

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

The fact he is 60-16

won the BCSNC

won the SEC

won 4 bowl games

his players enjoy playing for him

runs a clean show

is 8-1 this year

#5 in this weeks BCS

I would say we should get behind him!

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great post. For those who are just seeing this in Miles you may now realize why some of us have continually supported him. There are qualities he possesses that just can't be replaced, and in the end it is those qualities that has the Tigers at 8-1. He is a winner and a keeper, weird quirks and all. Love him, hate him it's your choice, but remember when it's time to replace him it won't be easy and you'll miss him.

4. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Hey RBC,

Quick question. Totally off topic.

I know the pic in your avatar is probably shopped to add in the LSU and the purple and gold colors, but is the girl in the pic from Baton Rouge. She looks like a carbon copy of a chick I used to work with. Unfortunately never saw her with that little clothes on ( although many did ) but the face, hair, and the body are a perfect match for that pic.

Just wondering.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Les miles is a father to these kids. He never gave up on jj and I gave him shizt for it. Just like I would take a bullet for my boy he took many bullets for jj. If miles would have benched jj he would have never got over it. It would have playedon jj's mind for the rest of his life. He stuck by jj and if jj never took another snap this game would help define his life. I know it's one game but the feelings of being a failure will follow you forever just as the redemption of jl and the feeling of being a winner will follow jj for the rest of his life. Dicky nickey will crush his team under his iron fist this week. Miles loves his kids win or lose and lsu is a better place for it

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Welcome to the club. Better late than never. :)

7. jwp475

jwp475 Freshman

+1 on Miles

8. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I will reiterate my thoughts again on this topic.....Les Miles Is who he is...he is a love-hate type of guy as a coach! He's a great guy as a person, we ran across him during baseball season at oturnaments, he goes out of his way to talk to our kids and sighn ther hats and stuff. As a coach he is a "risk-taker" when they work ...people love him, when they dont ...people hate him! I will always stick by him and take the bad with the good. My position has never changed on that. Gary Crowton however......just personally I think he needsw to go...his stats speak for themselves. The ONE area I would like to see les improve in is overall management(clock,calling time-outs to call trick plays, being confused comming out of time-outs) but as far as the way the players care about this guy and play their hearts out for him....top notch!! Maybe it's time we ALL take miles for what he is and support him....the good with the bad!!

9. rbc

rbc Freshman

hey jester, i really wish i could say i knew her but the truth is i don't have a clue. i just know she is way fine and does the LSU justice.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know, ask yourself this... Since 2005, have you not been entertained? Have you not been on pins and needles like you would during a great suspense drama movie? Les Miles has done that.......FOR YOU!!!!