reflections

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by rbc, Nov 11, 2010.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We've had some fun football, and the risk taking wasn't being done so much the past 2 years. We're back to "letting 'er rip" this year, and can't we all admit, it's turning into a fun season?

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

amen. that is how i feel.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I agree wholeheartedly. I would, however, like to see he and his staff and teams get better with time mgmt. It's a hugh aspect of the game, and I still think he mismanages time to at least a certain degree. When it comes to close games he probably wins a majority of the time(UF, Tenn, for ex.), but I still think that aspect of the game needs corrected.

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I said this in another thread a couple weeks back...Miles commits to his players when they commit to coming to play for him and LSU. These kids for the most part have one choice as to what school they go to. This is a big decision that they only get to make once in life.

I think Miles realizes this fact on a fundamental level that none of us really think about and I think Miles is not only touched by this but he also takes the responsibility as their shepherd for these 4 years very very seriously. He is their father figure and does not want to let any one of these kids down. My read on Miles is that he has a deep emotional connection with all of his players.

I don't get that vibe with many other coaches. I think the Meyers and Sabans of the world do not allow themselves to get that emotionally connected with their players and to some extent I think most other coaches basically use players for their own personal aggrandizement.

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I've always been a Miles defender and supporter. Lot's of folks were down on him because we weren't on top of the SEC for a couple of years. Florida and Alabama were 2 years running and we were middle of the pack and had 2 very flawed football teams.

I remember back in the 90's. When we saw Florida on the schedule we expected to get whipped pretty bad and most of the time we did. Miles is 3-3 against UF.

One more win this season and Miles hits 60 wins at LSU which is a 10 win per year avg and almost an 80% winning percentage. I challenge anyone to coach a sport for 6 straight years and see if you can win at an 80% clip.

I admire his courage to make those 4th down calls. I respect the way he's handled the pressure of the job and all the negativity these last 2 years. I appreciate how he handles his players and runs a clean program, but most of all, I love the fact that he appreciates and respects his job- being the head football coach at LSU.

If we'll just fill that stadium, root like hell and support him and the team, he'll keep winning at an 80% clip. He may even win us another National Championship.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

6. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

This! +1

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Just so you'll know....that's a picture of pre-op Herb in drag last Mardi Gras :eek:

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Awesome! This is what I meant to say above. And honestly, I feel it'll take another NC for Miles' to be truely embraced by all or at least the vast majority of LSU nation. Unfair and possibly unreasonable as it may be, that may not even get it either. A two loss championship where we get alot of outside help may still leave a significant amt. of doubters. Hell, this year's one loss squad may be looked at by the media mostly as a fraud that either lucked into a title or competed in a relatively weak field or something if we're to win the NC. Maybe only a dominating undefeated NC would finally erase all the anti-Miles sentiments. I don't know. We obviously have a very demanding fan base with extremely high expectations. Miles' time mgmt. blunders, Saban going off and winning a NC with an undefeated season for a division rival, the national media perception, even the Saints winning a Super Bowl(with the best record in the NFL mind you) have all factored into the unbelieveable expectations put on Miles. All these things have molded the expectations of Louisiana football fans. If he can win here in these situations like he is, then I think I want him as my team's coach. Well, for now, at least.

9. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

We are what we are, Lester may not totally comprehend what he's gotten himself into, but he's figuring it out. Grass eating, rats assing, how do you like me now. I for one am really enjoying the ride. I really feel history in the making. Of course its late friday night and I'm stuck in arky land. Geaux Tigers!

10. oktigerfan

oktigerfan Freshman

Glad to see it

When Les was at Ok State the one thing everyone except OU fans loved about him was that he is confident as hell. He took out the Sooners a couple of times like no other OSU coach had, blew their doors off in 2003. OU fans still can't get over Les, and that speaks to how dynamic a coach he can be.
    Enjoyed the Bama win, and hope Auburn drops two straight. To tell you how exciting LSU football is we're having a great season here with OSU, but to My 8 year old son the Tigers are must see television. Glad to see Les has the ship going in the right direction, He is a different breed of cat.