Refs at Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jul 17, 2010.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Pretty funny...pretty true !!!

3. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Thanks for reminding us! How are the refs assigned to a game? Can we get jobbed in our own stadium this year? :geauxtige

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The outrage and indignity of these intrepid sports dudes. They didn't know a Jefferson from a receiver.

I'm just wondering if they could tell an LSU from a USC if you spotted them a Tiger.

6. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

so you can't just say they were homers disappointed in an LSU loss.

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

And how could we forget the presence of a certain Mr. Burleson in the Bama replay booth last year? Link to that other LSU forum here for the details (it's worth it),

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

The SEC refs always have been and always will be crooked. If there's an undefeated team they will always get the calls that matter down the stretch. Happened for a while with Florida(Arkansas IIRC got some bad calls). Even way back in 1998 Tennessee played at Syracuse and at home we got called for having an "illegal uniform" because Kevin Johnson had pants that didn't cover the knees(so that meant two 15 yard penalties for both knees). How SEC refs got that game I'll never know.

Granted, it's like that for every conference. I remember in 2007 Pitt was @ WVU and the Big East refs were really helping WVU as much as possible. They still choked as 28 point favorites, and LSU went on to become national champions. The refs did everything they could to extend that game.

I'm not going to go as far to say that any game is fixed, just that there's so much money involved with everything that I would be naive to think that there isn't something going on behind the scenes once and a while.

And you know last year that no matter what Texas was getting a second on the clock to kick that last field goal.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

No, just pot stirrers with no investment. It just sort of struck me why reconciliation is never an easy task. Too many trips down memory lane.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think we as LSU just need to assume from now on that whenever we take a trip to the state of Alabama we are going to have bad calls go against us. I just didn't expect 7 of them, that were extremely obvious. It doesn't do your league any good when your champion had to get help from the officials.

When i say University of Colorado's 1990 national championship what do you think of, here 20 years later? You think of the 5th down they were awarded vs. Mizzou. In 20 years this championship will be synonymous with the LSU screw job. Well except for in Tuscaloosa of course.