Refs at Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jul 17, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

right, just make it right. we understand mistakes happen, admit it when they happen, and apologize and make it right if the rules allow to do so in the game, and there will be no issues. But the SEC won't do that until it absolutely hits rock bottom.

1 person likes this.
  2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Close calls that are called the wrong way during game speed are understandable. But, there is no excuse for calls missed during replay. Now that there will be HD in the replay booths, there really is no excuse.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Agreed, but you know beyond a shadow of a doubt depending on who is on the field, teams wise, they will miss a couple that will have a profound effect on the outcome of at least 1 game.

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Of course, but according to Tusk it's because they didnt work hard enough in practice to prevent those bad calls.

1 person likes this.
  5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Well, I don't suffer long term memory issues. Let me share just one that I recall distinctly. Our last trip to BR, JP Wilson runs the ball in for a touchdown to finally go ahead late in 4th quarter from about 30 yards out. The refs call holding on Andre Smith. Replay shows nothing even remote that should have been called. Smith was beside himself and stated even when the refs tried to give the game to LSU, we fought back.

The reason Bama nation let it go is because we won in overtime. Otherwise that call lives in infamy with the Peterson call. I feel "home cooking" makes these away games even tougher then just the hostile crowds. This year it's back to BR, and with all of the contrioversy in T-Town, I expect Bama will have to be extra good to survive it.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I don't suffer short term memory loss either, which is why I pointed out LSU has had their fair share of questionable calls go their way. My point was how many you guys received in your favor that altered the outcome of games is mind blowing. Gump nation can walk around with one eye closed but the rest of the country can't.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I'm speaking about one type of penalty, the unsportsmanlike. Peterson's missed call has nothing to do with my point. These "showboating," "just having fun" kind of dudes, are bringing this scrutiny on the rest, as they always do.Unsportsmanlike, can be coached out of players quickly. I grew up at a time, if you hurt the team, hitting late, taunting, showboating, you found yourself in "doghouse purgatory" for an indefinite period of time. I don't have any sympathy for any Bama player when they get this stupid penalty that always hurts the TEAM.