Reggie Bu$h

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by HatcherTiger, Oct 10, 2007.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Appears that the issue related to improper payments is heating up again:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/100907aeg.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A sports marketer who allegedly made improper payments to Reggie Bush while the Heisman Trophy winner was still at Southern California has agreed to meet with NCAA investigators and provide documentation of financial transactions between the two, according to a report.

The Los Angeles Times also reported Tuesday on its Web site that Lloyd Lake is expected to file a civil lawsuit in San Diego against Bush later this month, seeking to recoup money allegedly given to Bush and his family.

"I can't really comment on the matter. I can't confirm or deny," Lake's attorney, Brian Watkins, told The Associated Press.

Don't know what will come of it.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Not suggesting anything more than a coincidence but funny how this story hits right after a huge USC loss. Uncanny how this often happens.

Thought the same thing a week ago when the Austin paper ran a frontpage headline article about the exorbitant cost of running Texas' athletic programs on Sunday morning following Texas' loss to Kansas State. Obviously, the article required a good deal of research and I suppose could have run on any Sunday or other day. No matter, just interesting, the timing, that is.

BTW, interesting point of the Texas article was that UT spends $220,000 per year per scholarship athlete (total cost of running the athletic department divided by the number of scholarship athletes). Maybe not the fairest or most accurate way to figure and report the cost but nonetheless interesting.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

per scholarship athlete or per scholarship fball player?

i assume that doesnt include money the dept takes in (aka, money earned by said players?)

i remember when i was in grad school, we'd get a yearly email from the dean saying how much $ the state gives us (tuition breaks/ subsidies mainly). of course he always neglected to mention how much $ the grad students were bringing in through our indentured servitude.

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

The formula used by the newspaper was simply total $ spent by athletic dept. divided by number of scholarship athletes. Went from $137,000 per scholarship in 2003 to $220,000 in 2007. As I recall, this increase was primarily due to capital improvements to facilities, mostly the football and baseball stadiums and a golf course.

Sorry Hatcher, didn't mean to derail the thread.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The NCAA should force USC to give Jim Harbaugh an office in their facility.

My best guess is that absolutely nothing will come out of this for their crooked program and cheating athlete.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The NCAA was bored and wanted to put their name in the press to show that they are doing something about it...in which I am sure they are not.