Reggie Bush value to Saints astronomical

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, May 28, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yeah, and I still do. Do you really think you Saints personnel better than than SP or ML? :lol:

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

regarding reggie bush, ive known 3 years sooner than sean payton actually.

3. fanatic

Yeah, I know. You've made it clear that you've hated him since Day 1 and cheered for him to fail ever since. The reason he was brought back and paid $8m was based on his '09 performance. I'm reasonably sure Payton was expecting him to have a similar or better number this year. No one except you could forsee him having as dismal a year as he did or he obviously wouldn't be here.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lighten up buddy. it was mostly a joke. i beat my point into the ground long ago intentionally. it didnt have to be explained. :lol:

actually i was ecstatic we took him day 1. my ability to reassess and admit error happened at least 3 years before payton. it may go to 4.

5. fanatic

My bad. It's sometimes hard to decipher serious from light hearted humor. I think I'm supposed to say something cryptic like 'It's all good'. :grin:

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Nope, I never said I knew all of the personnel better and I don't. What I was very sure of is that I knew Reggie Bush, and I was right.:lol:

1 person likes this.
  7. fanatic

Well, if you would've stated it at the beginning of the year, then I would agree with you. But you chimed in around his 2nd or 3rd game back from injury, at which point it was pretty obvious.

No one (except tirk :hihi:) could have predicted his season would be so abysmal in August. Nostradamus, you ain't. :lol:

8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Not so fast my friend! Me and Nostradamus go way back. Check out how I was saying we needed to replace Reggie before last year's 2010 draft. Go to the last post under the 2010 draft thread, I made it easy for you. Tirk and me have been on the same page concerning Reggie for years. Don't make me go back to old threads again now.:lol:

9. fanatic

It's one thing to say Reggie hasn't lived up to the value of his contract or that he'll never be an every down back or that hasn't lived up to the hype ect ect. Anybody can tell you that. I know you fancy yourself a better judge of what Reggie Bush does/doesn't bring to the Saints than Sean Payton, but no one, you included, could have predicted the abysmal season he had this past year.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member