Reggie Bush value to Saints astronomical

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, May 28, 2010.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I was in his corner up until this week. Good riddance.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Welcome to the dark side. Please move to the back, it's getting a little crowded over here.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Tweets just now from Reggie Bush:

Meanwhile, Mark Ingram is out practicing and working out with Drew Brees AS HE TYPES THIS TWEET!!!!!!!

:po::angryfire

This motherf*cker is watching Judge Judy while Ingram is putting in work.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hes probably required to not practice due to strained vagina possibility. he only has 3-4 contact plays before injury each week albeit practice or game.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Alright guys, I'm ignorant I guess. I agree with everyone that he is not worth the money owed him this year. That said, he does have a contract. Can he not make the Saints organization honor it?

6. tirk

he can negotiate it down to about 4 mill or whatever they agree hes worth or they can cut him.

it looks like his obgyn is telling him hes worth more.

7. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

i'm pretty sure this is how it works:

teams don't have to honor the full length of the contract. if the player doesn't play up to expectations, the team can just cut him, regardless of how many years are left on his contract and the only thing they owe him is any signing bonus that they haven't paid him and any salary for the years he played for them that they haven't paid him

but you have to cut him during a certain period over the offseason. if you cut him in the middle of the season, then you owe him the rest of the money due on the contract for that season, unless another team claims him. for ex: when the Vikings cut Randy Moss last year in the middle of the season, the other 31 teams had a chance to claim him (the team with the worst record getting the first crack at him). any team claiming him would have to pay the rest of the salary the Vikings owed him for that season. but if he went unclaimed, the Vikings owe him the rest of his contract for that season. the Titans ended up claiming Moss, saving the Vikings from having to pay for the rest of his contract for the season

as for Bush, he is basically looking at two options

1) be cut by the Saints before the deadline, and hope to get signed by another team that gives him a salary he is cool with (i'm curious to what numbers other teams are throwing at his agent)

2) re-negotiate his contract with the Saints for a pay-cut he is cool with

my guess is what Bush is doing now is that he is trying to play-hard ball with the Saints front-office by not showing up at practice, and he's doing these tweets to remind the Saints front office "hey look at me, I'm not practicing with the team, I'm playing hardball."

i don't think he's doing it to disrespect his teammates

but if i was his agent, i'd tell him to quit with the stupid tweets

1 person likes this.
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think it has to do with non guaranteed contracts in the NFL. In basketball, I don't think you have that option.

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Where are Fanatic and 100% Tigerbred? They need to jump in and defend the outstanding team leader that is Reggie Bush. We are so lucky to have him. If only Drew Brees could follow Reggie's example on and off the field!!! Tirk, Reggie is currently practicing alone at an undisclosed facility. He did 25 reps of running backwards and then out of bounds, followed by 25 more reps crumbling to the ground into the fetal position. Bush somehow hurt himself during his conditioning drills and has placed himself on injured reserve.

2 people like this.
  10. tirk

:D:D