Reggie Bush value to Saints astronomical

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, May 28, 2010.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Well, they bent over and begged for it. Any Saints fan could have told them that Bush's only value was as a decoy when he wasn't hurt. The bad karma of them stealing Saban still haunts them. Can't say I feel bad for them either.

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I just hope that the NFL doesn't find Bush ineligible and strip the saints of the trophy. :hihi:

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So true. Bush's shortcomings (injury prone, not physical enough, way too cocky for his own good) are of his own making, but I can't help wondering what his production would have bnen like if he could have played under the relative anonymity that Sproles has. Even after 5 years of under-producing with the Saints, defenses still seemed to be scared of what he could do to them. Sproles has been much more productive, but just doesn't command the attention Bush did.

What did public enemy say?

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Reggie told the media that the Saints fake injuries to slow the pace of the game down "all the time".

I'm so sick of this p.o.s.

He'll be unemployed in 2 years.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The reason why Reggie hasn't been a productive pro is because the gap in speed between he and everyone else is not the same as it was in college. Plain and simple.

Also compare Reggie's build to Sprole's and you will notice that Sproles legs are much bigger. Good NFL running backs have big legs.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Sproles is surprisingly solid and stocky when you also consider how short and speedy he is.

Say that 5 times fast.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The reason why Reggie hasn't been a productive pro is because he's a pu$$y. Plain and simple.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

He's got a point, supa.

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

It is easy to answer that question. His production would have been almost exactly the same. Defensive coordinators getting paid to stop an offense didn't overlook Sproles, they knew exactly what he could do. Conversely defensive coordinators didn't buy into the hype like misled fans about Reggie Bush. They didn't gear their entire defense to stop the magnificent Bush. They considered our entire offense, led by our Pro Bowl QB and his ability to spread the ball around to a plethora of weapons and selected defensive calls that they thought would work. There would be no significant difference.

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I'm glad you said it so I didn't have to. Contrast Reggie to Bob Sanders on defense who gets hurt every year, but it is because he plays with no regard for his own safety. If Bob Sanders were bigger he would be one of the best run stopping safeties of all time.