Reggie Bush value to Saints astronomical

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, May 28, 2010.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I didn't downgrade PT's play. I was stating it wasn't all that hard to replace or find reasonably priced RB's in the NFL. Pierre Thomas was not drafted! You just proved my point while you were trying to argue against me. It is common knowledge that the Saints took a chance on Ivory with a late pick. Most NFL scouts didn't question his physical talents just the red flags associated with his leaving a D1 school.

2. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

if its so easy why does PT and CI both have the same problem as RB. PT = injuries. CI = fumbles. But u r right it is easy.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Actually, Ivory was also an UFA, like Thomas, but your point is a good one. I made the same point in another thread, that being that the Saints under Loomis/Payton have shown great ability to find diamonds in the rough at running back.

4. 100%TigerBred

these backs can't be diamonds just yet. right now they are one year wonders.

5. tboy

tboy Founding Member

This is almost so easy I hate to do it. PT is injured. CI has fumbled on occasion. But with Reggie we get 2 for the price of one--injuries and fumbles! :rofl:

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Absolutely, nice to hear from an intelligent person.;) Both are starting backs with very affordable salaries. I think some of the more successful coaches have found that starting RB's are more easily replaced than what was once believed. Bill Belicheck's offense hasn't missed a beat regardless of who is in the backfield. Mike Shanahan is famous for plugging in someone new almost every year and doing well with a zone blocking scheme while at Denver. In addition, we see more and more RB by committee which makes sense because of the pounding RB's take and the frequent injuries sustained. A long time ago I remember an analyst stating that the average career of a RB in the NFL was only 4 years. Perhaps that has increased due to new surgical techniques, but suffice it to say RB's don't generally have long careers. All the more reason not to give huge salaries to role players like Bush.

7. 100%TigerBred

u are right, it is so easy to see how your points for not keeping bush tend to fall short. What good is PT to us if he is injuried? As far as ivory he has 4 fumbles in 124 touches, that is 1 every 31 touches. RB has 19 fumbles in 859 touches, that is 1 every 45 touches. Looks like a better percentage to me. Also, RB has played in 56 games over his 5 yr career. He plays an avg of 11 game per season. Not alot and not worth his money, something i have been saying all along. While PT 44 games over his 4 year career, avg of 11 games per season. Wow, looks like he is just as injured as RB is. So, try again w/ your it is easy to replace reggie, and all he does his fumble and get hurt.

Is he paid to much, yes. Can u just replace what he does for N.O., no. Try again and this time think about your argument when you throw players out there that you think can do better than RB.

8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

You really can't comprehend how Bush having 2 deficiencies and those RB's having only one a piece makes Bush inferior? That is elementary logic. You are also skewing Pierre's stats because in his first year he didn't play in games because he couldn't break into the lineup, not because he was hurt. So his avg. games played per season is better than Bush. As for Ivory, we really don't know if he will be a chronic fumbler or not because it is only his first year. In terms of statistical analysis, the sample size isn't large enough yet. After a few seasons we can better gauge his propensity to fumble.

9. 100%TigerBred

thats were you are wrong, i comprehend bush's deficiencies.As far as skewing PT's stats, that is what they are. If he couldn't get on the field, then that is his problem. Something RB actually never had a problem with. What i fail to comprehend, is how you think it would be so easy to replace him when every running back you name is flawed and/or having 1 good season. have I not stated that RB was overpaid for his stats? On numerous occasions, I did. What, you still fail to comprehend is that how all you see is his mistakes, but the mistakes of every other RB you name makes the same mistakes, but they are supposed to be better and fit the saints better. That is were your theory is flawed and until you can find some good info and insight on the situation your hatred towards RB while overshadow any logical reasoning on the situation.

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

No, its not his problem, you were specifically citing injuries. Now when you learn you didn't have the foresight to interpret your own stats correctly while acting superior you feel silly. Please stop before you hurt yourself!:DResist the urge to respond. Don't do it. Its getting embarrassing.