Reggie Bush value to Saints astronomical

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, May 28, 2010.

1. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

how is it not his problem? and by the way if he was so good and can replace RB while is it he well be gone at the end of the year. Nothing embarrassing, u pointed out it wasn't injuries, thats fine i misused my words, but he still only plays in as many games as bush per season. Once again, RB is not as easily replaceable as you believe him to be and you have yet to prove he is. Every back you name has flaws as well and still doesn't cause def as much coverage problems as RB. When you cant state facts and stop acting like you know what you are talking about and prove that you do. Then maybe it is you that needs to fight the urge to respond. Seriously take your time and find something that you can back up as an argument. Your insight or lack there of, is getting annoying.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I acknowledged that Reggie is a flawed player. I also acknowledge that he's one of the most dynamic players in the league and brings a unique capability to the team. Ask any OC and they'll tell you they'd take him in a second. Ask any DC and they'll tell you he's a nightmare to prepare for because of the match up problems he creates.

Is he worth what they're paying him? No, he's not. But that aside, the good outweighs the bad with him and he makes the Saints a better team, whether some wannabee GMs out there believe it or not. All you have to do is ask his head coach, who's opinion I value over any internet message board poster.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

How's his value today?

4. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

he had over 100 total yards today. Not sure he was our problem.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

he was co-mvp with shanle..for the RAVENS! Shanle sucked ass today. Reggie had more minus yardage than plus. -12 on a screen pass?

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well, he caught the ball and immediately had a guy in his face. He made him miss, but there were more right behind. Maybe you'd like him better if he just fell down when the defender got within 2 yards of him.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Oh, you mean on the pass that was thrown behind him? He had to take 2 steps back just to catch it. By that time, the Ravens had sniffed it out.

I put half the blame for his poor play on Payton for not putting him in better positions to succeed. Look how the Ravens used Rice today. I realize the bulk of his yardage came on poor tackling on the screen plays, but he was also match up 1 on 1 with either Shanle or Vilma. I think they need to find a way to get him more involved in the offense then on screen plays when everyone knows what's coming.

Same for the entire offense. It just seems to lack the imagination of last year's team. And I can't even count the number of times Drew's passes have been batted down at the line of scrimmage. It really cost us today.

8. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Where'd you get that number from? Are you counting the yards he had for the Saints and the Ravens?

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Reggie Bush had 36 yards receiving and -4 yards rushing.

10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I had more rushing yards than Reggie...