Regionals on DirecTV?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by phi1514, May 30, 2012.

1. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

So...once again Cox has picked up this weekend's games. Not good for those of us with DirecTV. Will the games be televised on ESPN3.com? GeauxZone? PLEASE, PLEASE, Cox do not screw us out of being able to watch the Tigers!!!

2. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

It's on ESPN3.

3. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

I do not see it in the list of games on ESPN3.com for Friday night. I suspect this is because it is on Cox and is what I was afraid of. I doubt GeauxZone will carry video either if it is on CST. Dang it!!!!!!

4. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

Per LSUSports.net....

NEW ORLEANS - The exclusive television rights to the 2012 Baton Rouge NCAA Baseball Regional have been awarded to Cox Sports Television (CST) and Jumbo Sports Network, as announced by the NCAA Wednesday.
    All games of the Baton Rouge Regional will be produced by the Jumbo Sports Network, and they will air on Cox Sports Television (CST) and Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS).
    Games on Friday and Saturday are set for 2 p.m. CT and 7 p.m., respectively, with Sunday's games at 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday's "if necessary" game is set for 6:30 p.m.
    "We are excited to partner with Jumbo Sports Network and make these games available to all CST affiliates across the South" said CST head Rod Mickler. "CST takes great pride in being the sports home of the LSU Tigers".
    "To be a part of the greatest tournament in college sports is an absolute joy for us," said Jumbo Sports Network Executive Producer Ronnie Rantz. "We are excited to give our viewers some of the best college baseball in the country this weekend."
    The Baton Rouge regional is one of 16 four-team tournaments that will take place throughout the country this weekend. The winner of this regional will advance to face the winner of the Miami Regional, which is comprised of Miami, UCF, Missouri State and Stony Brook.
    Calling all of the games of the Baton Rouge regional on CST will be two-time Louisiana sportscaster of the year and CST announcer, Lyn Rollins. Rantz, who is a former LSU pitcher, will join Rollins in the booth.

Sounds like bad news for those of us with DirecTV...

5. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

I've called every local sports bar and large restaurant in the area, and everyone has DirecTV and not Dish Network. Guess we are out of luck...AGAIN!!!

6. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Well, dang!! I still prefer DirecTV over that crappy cable company here in Clarksville, TN.

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

hmmm. I thought I saw on Twitter someone said the game would be on ESPN3. If not, I am upset too, because I'll be at work.

8. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

I believe it is blacked out/not carried by ESPN3 because Cox picked it up...sucks!!!

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Has anyone tried the "Watch ESPN app?" I'm curious if this works the same as 'net feeds on ESPN3 during blackouts.

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

It was supposed to work w/ my att service but for some reason, does not.