Religion and Politics

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 19, 2011.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Thanks Martin. Love you too! :)

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I would but I'm an agnostic. I'm just gonna sit back and see who's right. :)

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

god puts agnostics in the extra-hot places in hell. so you cant really sit back and chill and watch, you will be burning.

according to kyle, jesus is the way the truth and the life, and only through him can you find salvation. so an agnostic like you will burn eternally in pools of fire. serves you right.

4. Swerved

I have no problem with Kyle for what he believes. It seems to agitate you a bit though. I don't get that.

And I still think the Governor was an idiot for saying what he said, not for believing what he believes.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

it doesnt agitate me.

you have it backwards. it is good when people speak their minds and are honest. he is stupid for believing it, not for saying it.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

It not so much that he's agitated, Martin tends to repeat the same stuff over an over on thread topics that include anything remotely connected to God, faith, church, religion, or prayer.

The gov was extremely stupid for several reasons
    • He's a good enough politician to get elected governor, then he has to be a good enough politician to know what the reaction to that statement would be. It's extremely stupid to start your term with a moment that polorises your coleagues and constituants.
    • If he didn't mean it the way it sounded (per his apology) it was extremely stupid word smithing
    He's been the Gump Guv long enough to have a cup of coffee and he's already working on being a lame duck. IDIOT!!

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

thus the over/under prediction. Hmm, now that I have shown my hand, does that effect the results?

8. Swerved

Yes it does, otherwise you'd have just made your comment without making it a point to poke fun at what Kyle believes. Unless you really believe what you were saying about needing him to pray for you.

If that's the case, you're either A) Stupid for believing it by your own admission, or B) you're just a jackass that enjoys making fun of people.. I've got no problem addressing you as either, so what'll it be?

So says you. I don't care if he believes that the Universe was sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure. I just think the words he spoke were poorly chosen, considering what the occasion was.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i'd like to see a poll on that question. :hihi:

i also miss the multi quote. but then again, who doesnt?

you just described how my head has felt for the past week.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

As long as you invoke the name of Rev. King, you can pretty much say what you want to.

PS: I am a great admirer of the Reverend Dr. King.