Religion and Politics

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You're clearly agitated, I'll drop it now.

It was, I just wanted confirmation.

Convenient for you, since you are the one that brought Kyle into our discussion.

You seem to think that I implied he doesn't have the right to say or think what he wants when in front of a podium. I never said that. All I said was considering the circumstances, I think it was a bad move professionally. It has nothing to do with my personal feelings on whether he has the right to say it or not. Was I offended by him saying it? Of course not. It's a beautiful thing that people have the right to open their mouths and make themselves seem stupid. I think professionally, it was a stupid move. Time will determine whether I was right.

For instance, he could have said, "Those of you who are Alabama fans are inbred, backwards, delusional rednecks." He would have every right to his opinion on that, and even the right to say it publicly. But it doesn't mean it's a good idea with regard to his career, in lieu of the fact that a large number of his voters are likely Bama fans. That's all I'm getting to. I'm totally for his right to say it and believe it.

2. Swerved

I was who would pick that up first.. lol

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

We can't. That is why it is good that he speaks his mind and we know he is crazy.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

let's talk later after you are not so angry. No need to get so angry, dude. Deep breaths.

5. Swerved

Right. And there was no need for the Governor to say what he said. See how that works?

I'm glad we cleared that up... next topic please.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

he's a conservative from Alabama... here's your sign...

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

I disagree but we shouldn't discuss until you can manage your temper. There really is no reason for you to be so angry, it makes you stupid.

8. Swerved

Well it took you long enough to start slinging names. I was wondering if you were feeling ok, or was all that being agitated by religion really getting to you.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I know what side your taking, but who are your going to get to take the under?:wave:

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

People People - If there is this much crap over the comment - do you really think he could pass and implement any law of any significance? In fact he's reduced his chances of getting what he wants - Thats one of the reasons it's stupid. Only the paranoid need to worry.

Your turn Martin.