Religious Freedom Restoration Act - Indiana

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mancha, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

You with Human Resources experience should care. She was not a co-worker, but a subordinate to the highest position in the U.S. Government. There aren't many CEOs that could survive what Bill did to a 22 year old intern.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's the thing though. That type of shit happens all the time. What's funny is you guys (vball gets a pass because she said the right thing yesterday) are more upset about Clinton getting head than Iran Contra, Reagan is basically the biggest drug dealer in the history of this country, and George Bush sending thousands to die behind lies. But lie about a blow job and he has to go.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes, all CEO's are pure and virtuous individuals who would never abuse their vast wealth and power. Their subordinates and shareholders would all rise up and smite them if they were to have consensual sex with another adult. Nothing like this has ever happened in the halls of Corporate America. The very idea.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes, it has and most are forced into resignation by BOD's who are required to protect the value of the stock or future IPO.
    Jack Welch
    Brian Dunn
    Mark Hurd
    Harry Stonecipher
    Kenneth Melani
    Stephen MacMillan
    Christopher Kubasik
    Gary Friedman
    Dov Charney
    Charles Philllips
    Steven Heyer
    Mark Everson
    Alex Molinaroli

Men in power learn how easy it is to abuse that power via sexual prowess. I think most look at themselves as "above the rules" and capable of deflecting or overcoming indiscretion. That is just bad whether it's a CEO or a politician.

5. Tiger Exile

I am guessing that you, sir Red, would be fired from the LSU System if you boinked a student or intern and were caught. I never called CEOs virtuous or good people, just pointed out what HR would have done to me when I was in management. Vball's list makes your point a bit moot.

6. Tiger Exile

What is funny is you lump me in to "you guys" when I point out something that you don't agree with. You were lecturing others about politically correct words - I.E. "thug" on another thread based upon your HR experience. Either you think it is ok to abuse a subordinate or not. You have no fucking clue as to what I think about Iran Contra or even Hillary voting to send troops into Iraq based upon the Senate Intelligence Committee report. Put them all in jail if they broke the law. You are saying it is ok to have an intern give the head of the company head right?

Bengal B likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

I said I don't care, and stated facts. I don't care that Bill Clinton received dome. And abuse? Where are you pulling that from? Last time I checked it was consensual. I mean I guess he is guilty of abusing a dress by staining it. I cited HR policies in the corporate world because guess what, that's what happens if you say anything that is perceived offensive by anyone. In that same thread I also said I thought some people just want to be offended. I don't care who fucks who, and I don't care what words people use to describe each other. All I said is be prepared to deal with the repercussions when someone gets offended. I apologize for grouping you in with other blind republicans.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It is not consensual when one person is in a position of power relative to the other. It's called sexual harassment, not consensual relations. HR policies across America support my contention. Little ole supervisors can get fired for boinking a lowly front-line rep just like a CEO can get fire for boinking not only a VP, but anyone deemed as a risk to the company's reputation and thus, value.

My business wisdom....I have done a ton of consulting with small, medium, and HUGE businesses and at least one thing I've noticed is that, without fail, employee behavior trickles down. If the CEO is a cheater, liar, and malcontent, so can be the employees. It translates just fine to the Oval Office.

9. LaSalleAve

It's only sexual harassment if she claims it is or someone else in that office was offended by those actions. Maybe that happened maybe that didn't I can't remember. Still, not sure why it bothers everyone so much.

red55 likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Whether it's consensual or not, it doesn't matter. Boss-employee sex always ends up bad and it's wrong. There's an interesting point made in the recent book, High on Arrival, by Mackenzie Phillips, who claims to have allegedly had a consensual, sexual relationship with her father. Consensual or not, it's wrong"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-viscusi/warning-to-the-boss-think_b_311413.html

I'd like to think that the person who is the POTUS would have and deploy better judgement and loyalty.