Remaining Schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Oct 12, 2010.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Like on so many occassions, I'm on board with Red. Ole Miss shouldn't be over-looked. The way we've lost to the Rebels recently should be motivation for players, coaches AS WELL AS FANS, to sock them right in the mouth and put for the best effort we can.

My take on things: Auburn and 'Bama are beatable.

Auburn had it's hands full against Kentucky and 'Bama struggled with a So Carolina defense that is much like our own.

Now that doesn't mean that these are games I'm chalking up as "W's"...but they are games that I view as 50/50 whereas 3 weeks ago, I thought were likely loses.

Arkansas is a team that I feel will pose our biggest problem. With our defensive style (playing a lot of man coverage while sending extra defenders in on blitzes) and a BIG, NFL-caliber QB like Mallett, I fear that Arkansas has that big play potential in the passing game. And I too feel their defense is underrated.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

what he said.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Agree on all points.

If we pull off the Auburn game (we certainly can), then it's time to get really excited.

The buzz we have now will certainly and should certainly turn into an all out frenzy.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Auburn will be a war.

But first. Can we please just hang 50 on McNeese so we don't have to talk about it...

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I think the biggest challenge will be Arky. I think our d will shut Auburn and Bama down, they rely too much on the run, and we are dang good against the run. Arky is more pass, and while we are good against the pass, IMO, it is the weaker aspect of our game.

Auburn barely beat kentucky. Auburn's thing has been just outscoring their opponents, but they have not met up against a really stout Defense yet [except S.C. .. and how they won that I'll never know]. I think Bama and LSU take out Auburn, Arky may beat them as well, as Arky shut down a very potent run offense in bama, and their Secondary is much improved over last year.

Bama is a toss up. They are just good from all aspects, but S.C. proved they are beatable .. and they should have lost to Arky.

If our O continues to improve, I think it is entirely possible we win out.

6. islstl

You're selling Auburn WAY short.

They would give us hell if they were 0-6, that's just how it goes with this rivalry. Now that they are 6-0 and we're going to the Plains to play them, it will certainly be a battle to the death.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I think we have the potential to completely win out.

I also think we have the potential to drop all three in question.

It's all going to come down to which LSU team shows up and how many mistakes we make. Mistakes are the ONLY reason that UT and UF were even in those games. If we let 'Bama or ArKansas stick around, we may wind up with the short end of the stick.

Personally, I saw improvement in Lee from the UT game to the UF game. If this continues and Les recognizes it and rewards it with more PT, nobody in the country will be able to hang with us.

Which brings me to the sad conclusion that the best team in the country will not play for the crystal ball because the two or three best teams are all in the SEC, and everybody knows it. But we live in some ridiculously PC times and Boise will play OSU because neither will play a schedule like we in the SEC do.

I for one will consider the SEC Champion...whoever that may be...to be the national champion this year. Might not even watch the Championship game because I might throw up in my mouth a little as whatever "paper champion" team hoists the crystal trophy.

I digress...rant over.

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yeah .. I know. I'm not saying Auburn isn't good. Hey .. they beat Clemson and S.C. That says something for them. Add on top of that the rivalry you talk about, I know it will be a tough game, and either team could win.

I just think LSU will suprise a lot of folks. I'm really starting to like this years team and its chances now the offense is getting some mojo.

:geaux:

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The hat seams to have his swagger back too. He was embarrashed on a national level and his fangs are showing. He has a want to prove to all that he is a premier coach and not a lucky fool. I think he got in crowton shiz and is more involved and motivated. Going into the tenn game he was trying to win games now after the tenn meltdown he is playing for vengence aginst all those who chastised him. It's sort of personal now and his competitive fire is burning and this team is feeding off of it. If we go and slam aub then the skys the limit. :tigereye:

10. islstl

Well the Florida game did not help towards that end. It only exacerbated the problem.

Newton's 13th law of physics: the football will bounce right back up if it hits the ground