Remaining Schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Oct 12, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yep. Not sure about drop both road games, but it wouldn't come as a shock, nor would I be overly upset about it. Upset that the NC and SECC aspirations would be out of the picture, yes, but still very happy with a 10-2 season.:geaux:

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Bottom Line folks: If you're wanting a legitimate claim to the big game at the end of the season, the there is no better schedule than LSU's remaining 6 games. It's a veritable gauntlet. But its ripe with opportunity.

I think the biggest issue will not be trap games or lack of focus. I think it will be key injuries down the stretch.

OL is good, but not terribly deep. QB - if Lee gets injured, we might be fooked. And I'd also say that an injury to one of Nevis/Sheppard/Peterson might also be enough to create vulnerability in the defense - enough for Auburn, Bama and Arky to exploit.

If LSU stays healthy, I like their chances!

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That is right. Auburn will have a war with Arky this week. This should be to our advantage whatever the outcome. Aub will have to put out alot of energy & emotion and it will be their third or fouth tough game in a row. We can prepare and hopefully rest key players. We should have enough advantages to overcome their Homefield

Both LSU & Bama each have an off week before the tide comes calling. That will make it our toughest test IMO.

Ole Miss plays TN the week before and who knows but we have La Monroe so again hopefully a low stress week.

Arky plays Ms State when we play Ole Miss. Again no apparent benefit either way.

Things set up well for us if as Bandit says we avoid major injuries (something that all our opponents depend on as well.)

No predictions but the remaining schedule has tremendous potential for the best possible outcome.

:geaux::LSU231:

4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

We should never underestimate ANY team, McNeese, ULM, included. Just a few mistakes, a few bad choices, and any game can turn around. Even the so-called easy ones.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

But thankfully that one is at home. I really like the way the rest of the schedule lines up.

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yep .. I remember when La Tech beat Auburn two years in a row .... on homecomming. Talk about embaraskin'!

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I think our team feels more at home on the road though. LSU has to play at home in front of a hostile environment...against LSU.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wait, Bama gets a bye before they play us, and they are whining because we get a bye before we play them? I know they are mad because 5 other teams get bye weeks before they play Bama, but those 6 are USC, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, LSU, and Auburn. Ok, USC that's rough, the next 3, so what, LSU wash because they get a bye before they play us also, and Auburn, ok rough.

That's 2 years in a row Bama gets their bye before they play us. Quitcher bitchin tide... Oh not to mention, you still haven't had to play us in a night game at home since your savior has come.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

OM will be no problem....the tiger team should just party the Thur. and Friday before this game. Don't worry about the Nutt....he will have just lost to Bama, Aub., and Arkansas. Maybe Tenn....no life left....Don't even dress out the starters. Let the golden girls do their thing after each quarter, instead of just the halftime. IGNORE...IGNORE...IGNORE....

10. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

HELL no! The Nutt's got our number, and it doesn't matter what kind of team he brings to the dance.