Remember...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

that stupid overtime rule will be in play this year, the Brett Favre rule, you know when the NFL and Vikings got their panties in a wad because Favre didn't have a chance last year in overtime.....

2. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Founding Member

I'm hoping at least one game goes into overtime to see what happens.

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Huh...it is not sudden death anymore?

4. LaSalleAve

If the team that wins the toss elects to receive, and they only score a field goal on their first possession, the opposing team will be allowed a chance to either match, or win with a touchdown.

Now if the team that takes the kick in overtime does not score on their first possession, and the opposing team does, game over.

if the team that takes the opening kick in overtime does not score, and the opposing team does not score either, first team to score after that, regardless of field goal or touchdown wins.

If the team that takes the opening kick in overtime scores a touchdown, game over.

5. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

That is DUMB...just DUMB. Why not just say, 15 extra minutes, go have fun boys, the team with the highest score at the end of the time wins.

6. LaSalleAve

I thought it was fine the way it was. The only reason they changed it was because of Brett Favre, and it's only a playoff rule.