Remembering my first car

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by goldengirlfan, Nov 13, 2006.

1. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

do you take it over any sweet jumps? (in my napoleon dynamite voice)

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Part of me wishes I could laugh and say "Man, I was so loaded at the time." That wasn't the case -- stone cold sober, middle of the day, bad mood, thought it would be fun, and didn't give a chit about consequences. I really wish I could remember just how fast I was going though -- mainly out of curiousity. I seem to remember it was over 80 mph, only because of thinking of the associated speeding ticket. And yes, it screwed up my front air dam pretty well too, though I think that was on lift off. :hihi:

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

1966 Fury lll, paid $625. It wasn't the fastest car at school, other guys were better with a wrench, the performance my car was famous for happened while it was parked.:hihi:

View attachment 8089

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! Even today, if one of my sons or son-in-law start to go somewhere with me-----------------You usually hear "Want me to drive Dad (or Paw)..:lol: They say I drive too slow....can you believe? Really, if the posted speed limit is 45, I do 45/50. If it is 70, I do 65/70. But I can still remember the door opening on my car as I hit it. I remember reaching for the steering wheel as I was being thrown out and seeing the car as it started to flip. I don't remember hitting the ground. When I came to, I was on my back. I rolled over, got up, and fell again. Everything was grey in color and I thought someone had put a water faucet on my head because something was pouring out. I got up again and started stumbling down the down ramp. Some lady came running up, stopped, and said, "Oh my God....He's hurt." I remember thinking, "No chit, lady." The EMs laid me on the pavement in the rainwater mixed with gas. I heard one of them yell at a guy standing by my car, "DON'T LIGHT THAT CIGARETTE!!!!!" Seems like I remember yelling some of my own insults :lol: :lol: at him.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Me too. '66 Plymouth Fury. Blue. Same tuck and roll upholstery. I named it "Max Cool" after the high setting on the A/C.:hihi: