Reminds me of '97, kinda

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU2002, Nov 11, 2002.

1. LSU2002

LSU2002 Freshman

Was reading a post a second ago that was talking about the SI cover curse after the Florida game in '97 and it reminded me of how the week of the Florida game went.

Eeeeeked out a win against Vandy the week before (7-6) after they completely screwed up the extra point kick at the end of the game with 2 delay of game penalties. After that game no one gave LSU a chance of beating Florida and we know what happened there. I know it's two completely different teams in two completely different years but I've seen some posts on other boards not to mention the line coming out with Bama a 2.5 point favorite in BR. It seems that alot of people are thinking that with the loss to Auburn and a close win in the closing seconds of the Kentucky game means LSU has no chance against a Bama team that is probably better than either of those teams. Even though it means nothing to this year's game, it's still fun to think about.

Geaux Tigers!

BTW - in '97 LSU lost to Auburn two weeks before the close call at Vandy. lol

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I hope that you are not correct. After we beat FLA that year we lost to Ole Miss the next week. Guess who we play after Alabama?

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

HARD TO BLAME EM...

It is kinda hard not to expect that based on the last 2 games....defense has been riddled. it gives me concern. BUT, i may totally off base with this (not enough evidence) but i think this team thrives on playing at home (only true ex. is S. Carolina).

If they can play like they did in the 3rd Qtr of that S. Carolina game....i don't think there is much of anyone in this country that can beat us....except maybe the Saints and Raiders.....i don't truly believe that but you get my point.