Renewed interest in NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Aug 14, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

LSU has always had players in the NFL. For some reason I find myself more interested in the NFL this year after this most recent class joined the NFL. Difficult to keep up with it all.

2. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

It's strange, but I get nervous when one of our guys goes in a game, like it was my kid brother or something. What would be cool is in a couple years to have a Super Bowl team being announced and as they all come on to the field, half of them are "so and so from LSU!" It's good to be a homer.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

It's cool how just about all of the LSU guys in the NFL are really high character guys also. I think they'll represent the university well and hopefully make younger HS players from across the country want to play at LSU.

4. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

That will be the Patriots in a couple of years, as long as Belicheck stays.

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Yeah, it was easy enough last year just having to keep up with the Patriots, the Buccaneers, etc. But now we have Tigers all over the place. Its hard to keep track of them all now.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

According to some sources with the saints, they really want to use LSU's success as a way to get good players. They said there is a distinct possibility that they will be going after more and more LSU guys simply because they can scout them all season before the draft.... Maybe we will be seeing Corey Webster in a saints uni next year...

7. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

i have a prediction that the reason the saints didnt draft a high ranked db last year is becuz they are going to do anything they can do to get the hometown boy corey webster and have him and fred thomas start at cb next season.:thumb:

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

If the Texans did not have Domanick, I would not be nearly as interested in them. I have to say, I am impressed with Charley Casserly, our GM. He and Dom Capers seem to be doing a good job building a team that will be competitive, without gimicks. This looks like a young, solid club. Casserly's move picking Drew Henson at #6 while he was in baseball and getting a #3 from Dallas was pretty cool.