Rent a win, a look at SEC schedules in 2006

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Apr 9, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Man, Bama should be embarrassed with no good teams at all on their OOC.

Bold=teams that should compete.
    Italics=Teams that might compete.

Ole Miss may have bit off more than they can chew based on what they've done OOC the past 2 years but at least they had the balls to schedule 3 teams that have been pretty decent.

Arkansas: UL-Monroe, Southern Cal, Utah State, SE Mizzou St---USC of course is a big one, the others creme puffs.

Alabama: UL-Monroe, Hawaii, Duke, Fla Int'l.--All creme puffs.

Auburn: Washington State, Buffalo, Tulane, Arkansas Sate-WAZU isn't as good as they were when they were scheduled but that isn't Aubie's fault. Toolame may pester them a little but that's about it.

Florida: Southern Mississippi, Central Florida, Western Carolina, Florida State--FSU we know will give the Gaytors fits, S. Miss can step up and [play with anybody on a given Saturday, C. Florida is a program on the rise but only one year remved from being winless..

Georgia: Western Kentucky, UAB, Colorado, Georgia Tech--Colorado and Tech can give them all they can handle, I'm sure they are glad they play the Buffs in the 4th game so their QB's can get settled in.

Kentucky: Louisville, Texas State, Central Michigan, UL-Monroe--Heck, they may have trouble with all 4 of these teams, UL should beat them bad.

LSU: UL-Lafayette, Arizona, Tulane, Fresno State--Arizona is on the rise but LSU should beat all 4 of these teams. What does Fresno have coming back, anyone know?

Mississippi: Memphis; Missouri, Wake Forest, Northwestern State--I'd say only MWSTU is the only sure win.

Mississippi State: Tulane, UAB, West Virginia, Jacksonville State.--They should handle Toolame and Jack St. UAB will be a toss up. Losing some starters sure won't help the Dogs. WVU should beat them.

South Carolina: Wofford, Florida Atlantic, Middle Tennessee St., Clemson--Thank goodness they have Clemson on the schedule. look for Visor boy to set some scoring records for the Cocks.

Tennessee: California, Air Force, Marshall, Memphis--The Vols always play a pretty good OOC schedule, this is actually one of their easier ones lately. Cal will be good, Will Marshall be ready to play them? Memphis gives them fits usually.

Vanderbilt: Michigan, Temple, Tennessee State, Duke--Vandy has a very good, competitive OOC for them I think, hope their D is good this year.

2. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Every team for Vandy should be in bold letters.

3. gotlsu

gotlsu Founding Member

Strenght of schedule concerns again?

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Vandy can schedule Mich. but we can't?

5. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Who is Wofford???

6. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Look at the schedule for 2007 and you will not see a return trip to Nashville. LSU/Alabama/Auburn/Tennessee/Florida would never do a one game series with a Big Ten team. Vandy would. They are simply a conference membership above Tulane.

Big Ten schools are relunctant to schedule games on a home and home basis with SEC schools. Too big of a downside. I am surprised that Ohio State scheduled a home and home with Texas.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Only Miles will play any sucker.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, MSU, Ole Miss, Vandy, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia.... thats the only schedule that matters.. if you can run the slate in the SEC you should have an automatic bid into the NCG...

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm glad I'm not paying the thousands that Bama fans are paying to see that schedule at home.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Its called rent a win!
    Michigan would pull a Virginia Tech, those northern teams would play u in
    their stadiums but they want no part of playing in the south unless its a
    rent a win team but they will always have to play at UM.
    Looks like Bama has a chance to go undefeated with that OOC schedule!
    Duke?
    I forgot that played football there, just kiddin Spurrier was there.
    I'm glad we don't play teams on that level anytime, and I thought our OOC schedule was
    weak at times.
    Weren't we suppose to play OU this year?