Rent a win, a look at SEC schedules in 2006

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Every SEC team except for Alabama and UK plays at least one BCS school. So I think the SEC OOC schedules are okay. Michigan also plays Notre Dame as do Purdue and Michigan State every season. I think one problem is that the big ten plays all their OOC games in September. The SEC schedules OOC games in October and November. I think big ten schools dont' want to go down South in September when it's still hot and humid and I think most SEC schools wouldn't want to go North in November when it could snow or get into the 20s for a game at night or at 11:00am. If you could work out the sec teams coming North in September and the big ten schools going down in November you could work things out, but the big ten schedule doesn't allow it. They like to start league play and stay in it.

UK and Indiana used to play every season too bad they stopped the series.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

:hihi:

But on a serious note, if Vandy has a decent QB to replace Cutler, they should be able to beat Temple and that I-AA school....They could also beat Duke. Michigan should be their only loss.

3. BostonBengal

They're a I-AA school in Georgia (I think)....

4. BostonBengal

That game was probably scheduled years ago... My guess is that game was scheduled LOOOOONG before Miles was even on the radar here.

The only time you see major programs scheduling a season or two in advance is to fill the OOC schedule against opponents that you should beat. Most games scheduled between two good programs are scheduled long in advance.

5. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Scheduled less than a year ago as the 12th game for the 2006 season.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Seeing as how it is a one game contract that is normal, Vandy was a fill in that couldn't demand a return game. And we should never be in that situation.

7. BostonBengal

Heh...I guess I stand corrected! :thumb: Thanks!