Report: LSU set to bring in Orgeron

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Strength, Jan 14, 2015.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

LSUDad likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Glad to see so many LSU fans happy with the O. I remember many on here bagging on him when USC hired him. vball tried to tell you assholes back then that he wasn't such a bad hire.

GregLSU and LSUDad like this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I talked shit on him only because he went to TN and helped pull some LA recruits, then he went to SC. I've always wanted him at LSU.

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh I'm not calling out anyone specifically and I surely don't remember who all did. I also know that's usually the way it goes with any given fan base. Just like to point it out in hopes of making people aware. Makes us better hosts when we have visitors. ;)

red55 likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I'm not ashamed to admit my jealousy when he was at other programs, and not coaching Home Team. If he couldn't do anything but recruit, he's still a nightmare for any other team we're recruiting against. I'm just happy he's finally a Tiger.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

O has been in the plans for a good bit of this search.

HalloweenRun and GregLSU like this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Yep, since he didn't work the 2014 season. Do you think Steele was Les' first choice? I don't, but that's strictly a hunch on my part.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He wasn't the 1st choice. Would have been Shoop if Franklin didn't force the timeline of the hire.

shane0911 and GregLSU like this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

From Shea:
    LSU hires has one coach excited
    LSU pulled the trigger and hired Louisiana native and longtime college assistant Ed Orgeron to become the team's new defensive line coach.

While Orgeron and new defensive coordinator Kevin Steele won't be introduced until a 4 p.m. press conference, one assistant for the Tigers said the enthusiasm surrounding the new additions is palpable.

"I'm doing backflips today," LSU assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson said. "Even the most excited LSU fans have no idea what this truly means for the program. Kevin will organize our defensive board from top to bottom, and that's what we needed. Then adding (Orgeron), are you kidding me? This staff just became one of the best recruiting groups in the nation."

Wilson previously coached with Orgeron at both Ole Miss and Tennessee.

ParadiseiNC and GregLSU like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You kiss ass!

I bashed the hell out of O during those times, I thought he was dirty and I'm pretty sure he still is. The one thing no one can deny is that he is effective. At this point it is time to pull out all the stops so bring him on. Someone mentioned the baby and the bathwater a while back, well that little bastard is airborne now. Bring it on Coach O. Work your damn magic.

GregLSU, uscvball, tirk and 1 other person like this.