Report: Mettenberger has a torn ACL-will not play in Bowl Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 3, 2013.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Shit for Mett, good for LSU. AJ gets a chance to prepare and play with the two best WRs in the country.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good or not I'd rather 8 lead the offense to victory against a quality opponent. He's earned that.

gyver, StaceyO and LSUpride123 like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I agree. It was comforting watching Jennings, but Mett has earned the right to finish this 2013 season.

Pintoracer likes this.
  4. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Question --- Mett will be graduating soon. I'm assuming that LSU will pay his medical expenses as this injury happened while he was a student athlete, but his rehabbing will probably still be going on well after his graduation. What's LSU's policy? Will he be allowed to re-hab at LSU? Where will he live? Who'll pay for it all?

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

LSU is on the hook both legally and morally, however they would assume these cost anyway. There have been reports that he will be ready to go by LSU'S pro day, I hope so.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

For a pocket passing QB, he should be able to overcome an ACL. It would be more of an issue for a RB, or running QB, like it's been for RG3. Unfortunately, though, the timing of this may impact his draft stock. Just takes one team in need of a QB to want to take a chance. Even if he is lower than originally predicted, he can work his way up and get the $$ at some point. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder, and he's doing just fine. That's actually who Mett physically reminds me of the most, TB. Not saying he has the same headiness as TB, or will be as successful, no way to predict that, but physically (height, body habitus, throwing motion, etc) that's who he reminds me of.

cajdav1 and TigerTap like this.
  7. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Or a younger Peyton manning.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Thinking about Mett, he reminds me of Tom Brady more than anyone. I know a lot of people say Flacco and probably because of the Cam Cameron connection, but honestly he's a Tom Brady clone. Accurate but not deadly accurate, no mobility to speak of, and a big arm.

If New England is happy with Mallett, then maybe they won't draft him. Mallett would be in his contract season in 2014. So they could still draft Mettenberger.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Didn't Cameron have Brady 1 season at Michigan?

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Nope, Cam left after the 93 season. Brady was there from 96-99