Republican National Convention

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Only a fool would believe that you can trash talk the way a man's wife looks and accuse his father of conspiracy/murder and expect that there would not be consequences for it. I have no love loss for Ted Cruz but I'll give him this....that took a pair of brass balls.

islstl and tirk like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Pretty much. Trump said all along he wouldn't promise to back someone else if they got the nom so it's sort of funny that anyone would expect Cruz to climb aboard what he considers the Trump Shit Train.

I don't think he owes the Republican Party, it's leadership, or it's constituents anything over his own individual standards. I don't believe he cost Donald any votes, that he helped the lying beyotch, and ultimately he likely hurt his own future status if there's to be any.

Not to mention, if he'd given a lackluster endorsement, he'd have been criticized and if he'd given an enthusiastic one, nobody would have believed it. So why not just go with the truth.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    islstl and Tiger in NC like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Agree he stood on principle. I respect that.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Was that the principle of revenge? Because it sounded a lot like that.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And most likely ended any chance of him ever becoming a serious candidate for potus.

KyleK likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

100 percent correct.

Would like to know what Tiger in NC thinks of Donald Trump still allowing Cruz to speak even after having vetted his speech before hand?

I think it says a lot about that man.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Why should he blindly follow the party if he hates the nominee. But yeah he's probably petty like trump and obama. thin skinned mfs the lot of them.

then again, i forgot cruz gave his word. your word should stand imo. barring something unforeseen but that didnt happen. except he didnt think trump would destroy him in the election.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    kluke and KyleK like this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

remember the ad the cruz pac sent out with the pic of melania on a rug, or some other suggestive pose? the question was "do you want this woman to be your first lady?" or something to that effect. cruz indicated at the time that he had no control of the pac.

cruz doesn't make a very satisfying victim, although it seems cnn wants him to be.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Cruz will outlast trump.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

possibly...we'll see I guess. Cruz was never a favorite in the Senate anyway. That said I have to respect him as a man for recognizing that the honor of his wife and father were more important than his ambitions. Ole Ted is pretty calculated and I am sure he thought that his speech would make him the frontrunner for 2020....time will tell.