Republican Party is Pro AK-47

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Mar 3, 2004.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

We now know that the Republican Party is overwhelmingly in favor of putting tens of thousands more AK-47s and other assault weapons on the streets and wants criminals and terrorists to be able to buy these weapons freely at gun shows. That is the way they voted yesterday.

When you consider whether to vote Republican just remember that they want every wacko and hate-monger in America to be able to circumvent the law and get their hands on an AK-47.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A fully automatic AK-47 is already illegal to possess, as are all fully automatic weapons and have been since the 30s. A fully automatic M16 is also against the law for civilians to possess. An AR 15 is identical in looks to an M16 but is legal since the AR15 is not a machine gun. So called "assault weapons" are no more dangerous than a hunting rifle. The only difference is that they are cosmetically similar to military weapons.

An overwhelming majority of criminal acts committed using a gun are not committed with either so called assault weapons nor are they committed with weapons legally purchased at gun shows. Criminals and terrorists don't buy guns at gun shows. They steal them or buy them on the underground market.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

If the Republican Party is pro AK-47, and is voted into power, then why would the "wackos and hate-mongers" have to circumvent the law to get their hands on these weapons? If the Republican Party is pro AK-47, they could just make
    these weapons legal.

You know, I realize that logic is not your strong suit, CB...hysterical shrieks are. But you really should think before you post, dummy.

4. CottonBowl'66

Every time you post something saying you are opposed to AK-47s falling into the hands of people like the Columbine killers or Timothy McVeigh, you have to read some insufferable post about "fully automatic" or "semi-automatic" or "anyone can get one anytime they want, so why not allow them to be bought as easily as buying a loaf of bread."

What a bunch of idiots these gun nuts are.

5. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Re: Re: Republican Party is Pro AK-47

Oh sh*t, B.... You got that dude good.

Thank God for this law. I just snatched up 232 AK-47's!

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I have a AK 47, would you like to come over and see it?

LOL:D

7. CottonBowl'66

Did you even notice that these right wing idiots here are always about six months behind on any discussion? Watch the news morons.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Re: Republican Party is Pro AK-47

I have one too. I purchased it legally at a gun show while Bill Clinton was in office.

:D

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Sorry if I'm late.......

I have a LIFE!:D

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Since the amended bill was defeated 90-8, there must also be a lot of pro AK-47 Democrats as well.

AK-47s are harmless anyway, unless in the wrong hands. That's why we have these cool background checks and laws that forbid convicted felons and mental patients from owning firearms.