Republican Party is Pro AK-47

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Mar 3, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, I'm a centrist and squarely in the center again. I own a Mini-14. It's an assault rifle . . . but it looks like a sporter.

2. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Watch the news dittohead. The Republican Party voted overwhelmingly to continue to allow the "gun show" loophole that would circumvent background checks that would keep AK-47s out of the hands of people who are dangerous.

That was one reason the bill did not pass.

The Republican Party is now on record as voting to start selling AK-47s without background checks to anyone who wants one.

The Law and Order Party? Sure.

3. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

To reiterate a solid point. The perps committing illegal acts with guns do not go to Joe's Firearms and purchase a $400 firearm. Nor do they go to the local pawn shop and purchase a simiarl used one for $200. They come to Upstanding, Law-abiding, Joe Citizen's house and break in while he's not home and steal his firearm that he paid $400 for. The guy who paid hard earned money for his weapon is not the guy who robs the fill-a-sack with it. Let's think for a second.

Bad people use guns to do illegal things. Good people do not use guns to do illegal things, because, well, they are good people who know better than to do illegal things.

4. CottonBowl'66

Just to reiterate the point, the Republican Party wants thousands more AK-47s on the street and they want any wacko, hate-monger, and potential mass murderer to be able to circumvent the background checks at gun shows and buy one legally.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I'm not going to say that that's the most patently absurd
    thing you'll ever post, because I know you're going to keep on posting. But to think that ANYBODY wants thousands of
    AK-47s on the street regardless of party affiliation, shows
    just how deeply disturbed an individual you really are. Seek some professional help before you become a danger to those around you. You're not a well person.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats the whole point. I own an AK-47 and an AR-15. Both have a "military" look to them that scares the hell out of the gun grabbing crowd but they have no more firepower than the 30-06 deer rifle I also own.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hey, CottonMouth! You can have my guns whenever you can pry my cold dead fingers from around the trigger!

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Are you sure they want just any ole wacko, hate-monger, and potential mass murderer to be able to circumvent the background checks at gun shows and buy one legally, or do they want every wacko, hate-monger, and potential mass murderer....:dis:

9. CottonBowl'66

captain, if you are worried, just wait a few months and I am sure that you will be able to purchase an AK-47 at a gun show. So don't worry.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In the event that you haven't attended a gun show anytime in the last few years the fact is that AK-47s are legally sold at every gun show I have ever been to. They are legal because they are not capable of firing in a fully automatic mode. Nobody has to wait to become the proud owner of an AK-47.

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!