Republican States Are More Dependent On Government

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Mar 24, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How so? Dependent is not a hard word to understand and it seems perfect applicable.

de·pend·ent adjective
    Contingent on or determined by.
    You can't be serious. Averages are completely valid statistical measurements and quite useful for measuring a central tendency.

That is quite a stretch. You posted an infographic, which is just a snapshot of the data. But they also posted scatter plots and data tables that give all the "actionable" information used to make the analysis.

To me, that is cherrypicking data. New York was #49 in one category, but was #9, #9 and #15 in the others.

Again ignoring that North Dakota is #49, #46, and #42 in the other categories. You are studiously disregarding the averages across the variables.

It is federal income that comes into the state. States with bases are dependent on that base income.

2. red55

In fact there really are no true red or blue counties in the country they are all shades of purple.

[​IMG]

3. red55

They actually go on both sides of the story, in my experience. Arianna Huffington, the founder and a columnist, was a long-time conservative who shifted into a moderate and ran for office as an independent. It's not a liberal shill by any means.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Yes they are. The Rio Grande Valley consists of Ranchers, Farmers, and laborers (Mexicans)

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

HP has more revenue than any other blog. Their focus is more on getting pageviews leading to a sales funnel than anything else. Not a liberal shill but they do tend take a bit of a liberal stance on lots of things.

6. red55

Only if you lump moderates with the liberals like so many right wingers do.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What's funny is that red and blue map tells the whole story. Higher concentration of people, more progressive, inside huge pockets of nothing, conservative. It's like Ancient Greece. You have the Athenians, lovers of art, scholars, philosophers, democratic, then you've got Sparta, bunch of war mongering hicks that throw babies (not fetuses) off cliffs and have slaves, but are all about defense.

But I guess in order to be a superpower you need both.

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Not a spec of green on that map. At least not at that scale. I need a zoom feature to see my house. :D

9. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Because a fetus is not a baby and the masses are so much smarter than the farmers. Funny you make the conservatives the baby killers.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Baby not fetus. Conservatives love fetuses until they become babies, once they are born, fuck em Merica.

red55 likes this.