Republicans Republicans chances of winning Senate majority continue to brighten

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 11, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I realize. The thing is if we look at where the truth would have originated, it's from those at the scene....people we should be able to trust....DEVGRU operators. And yet the two who have gone public don't give similar accounts and both have broken the SEAL Ethos which makes them, what exactly? And as I continue to point out, half a dozen others who where there can't give an account because 3 months after the raid, they all died in a helicopter crash in an over-stuffed Chinook (meaning they don't usually travel in such large numers) and their families don't believe the story. In fact, the families are the ones who have had direct communication and exposure to these government "officials" but have deemed them non-credible.

After an operation, operatives are interviewed one on one so that differing stories, indicating deception, can be ferreted out. And that's what we have in O'Neill and Bissonnette.

I have said long ago that America either needs or is given a face to hate. Whether it's Hitler, Mussolini, Gorbachev, Putin, Ayatollah, Noriega, bin laden, giving a face to evil helps to justify our actions. We blamed bin laden for 9/11. Terrorist action on American soil that took thousands of American lives. How satisfying or revengeful would it have felt to find out that the goat phucker died of liver failure in a Tora Bora cave? We hadn't seen a tape of him in months before the raid. Why not make sure we take full advantage of an opportunity to claim victory over terrorist #1 on the list?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

As I mentioned to FLABengal, contaminated samples produce inconclusive results, not false positives. Conflicting witness testimonies do not prove the existence of a unrelated conjecture.

Irrelevant. Families are notoriously in denial when family members are killed. And many more members of the team still survive than the 6 who were killed. There were two dozen of them. Not to mention hundreds of support personnel, CIA agents, and navy personnel involved in the burial.

Actually their stories are not all that different, they just each focus on themselves and tell it from their perspective. They are quite clear that bin Ladin was killed by an assault up the stairs for instance. They differ on whose bullet was the killshot.

There is no evidence whatsoever that bin Ladin died at Tora Bora. As much as you want to insinuate that OBL was killed under George Bush, nobody claims this. He appeared on many videos after Tora Bora. His body was recovered in Pakistan in 2012 and absolutely identified. Are you seriously maintaining that George Bush would not have loudly trumpeted the death of bin Ladin? It makes . . . no . . . sense. Are you seriously suggesting that Obama would send dozens of SOF into Pakistan to rise their lives and his reputation on a stunt? It's a fantasy, pure and simple.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

But how do you know the raid even happened? Cause they told you so? It could ALL be a diversion. A moon landing.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. red55

I think that Captain Kirk beamed Osama up to the Enterprise and exiled him to Ceti Alpha V. I'm not guessing. I met a fellow in the pub, what said it were true.

mancha likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This isn't science class. Immediately after mission, the team leader provides a detailed report. Each team member is immediately interviewed one on one for their accounting. That is how DEVGRU operates to avoid deception. It's not a court of law or a lab test. Different accounts do not equal the truth.

Like the Tillman's? The Sharrett's?

And some of them are now, without identifying themselves, saying that O'Neil's version is bullshit.

What burial? The dumping of a body into the ocean?

There is more than that. O'Neill stated that he double tapped the forehead. That is also not SOP. There is a reason they do what they do....one center mass shot to the chest, one to the forehead. Do you think two 5.62 hollow points to the frontal lobe were necessary or realistic? Just one would have destroyed the target. Bissonnette claimed to have been conversing with the lead man during the movement to engage. It's not done that way. They don't talk, they don't take their eyes off the front. It's been practiced so many times, it is all instinct. Leaving things to "in the moment" is how you get killed.

There is no insinuation. The old man could have died from liver disease, I didn't say that he was "killed". How long had it been between the last video and the raid? Do you know for a fact that he taped those videos as they were released or could he have done many at one time and they were released at later dates?

Absolutely identified by whom? Bush may not have had proof of his death at the time he left office. I'm sure he would have done far more (in a bad way) than Obama did to make himself look bad ass and full of credit. I'm not a Dubya fan so you can stop with the political implications.

You said the body was sunk to avoid a "shrine" to bin laden. What do you think that helicopter is? It's America pissing on Pakistani land saying "we were here and we can come get you". That is worth a lot of money and effort. It gives the American people a sense of "relief" that we got the bad guy. It helped sell a lot of books and movie scripts and stories. It helped continue funding to groups like DEVGRU. That helicopter.....as important as this mission was and with all the preparation and care of experts to make things go like clockwork....do you really believe it just had an oops and we had to leave it behind? Gold teams all have demolition experts who could and would have melted that helicopter if that had been the goal. We left way too much behind for it to be a mistake.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I believe the raid happened but there is no proof that the guy they offed was Obama bin Laden. Whether he was killed in bombing raid years earlier or died of kidney disease in a cave somewhere the fact it that for over 1o years he was the most wanted man on the face of the earth. There was a $50 Million reward for him. For $50 Million his own mother might have ratted him out. Surely in that amount of time somebody would have. IF he was alive. OBL was on dialysis and needed doctors and equipment for his treatments. Pretty hard to set up and maintain in some damp cave or even in some "secret" compound in Pakistan.

7. red55

Neither do they equal a Presidential lie, a massive deception of the American people, and a conspiracy by the US government, obviously.

And not one of them is saying that bin Ladin was not killed in that raid and that the US government is lying about it. Nobody is saying that. It is speculation, pure and simple.

Yes, it is called "burial at sea", look it up. No different than dumping a body in a hole except that no one can come and dig him up.

You can't possibly be this naive. Things don't go as planned in actual combat. Ask any veteran, I have. You can train all your life and find that it doesn't work out that way in the field. Deviation from any SOP is not evidence of a conspiracy. It happens all the time.

This makes no sense. We went in to capture a dead body that was just sitting there in a violation of all muslim laws that say the must be buried within 24 hours? Which of those SEALS are saying that they captured a dead man? None.

I know no more than you do. But it is all on the record LINK. 2001 to 2011. His final recordings were captured at his house.

None of this is evidence that bin ladin was not killed in Pakistan by the SEALS as officially announced by the government.

I'm actually implying gullibility. :D

The wreckage of the helicopter was returned to us from Pakistan a week after the raid. What do you think it is? Scrap metal by now, I dare say.

You do weave interesting fables. Still not a shred of evidence in any of this speculation. So Obama risked American lives and treasure and his own and America's reputation to sell a lot of scripts for Hollywood. Why didn't I think of that . . . :rolleyes:

Wait a minute, I thought you said that the whole raid was a fabrication and a conspiracy? So what helicopter? And how could SOF have wrecked a helicopter anyway, because it wasn't in their SOP, you know.

8. red55

Nope, no evidence here.

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

THIS post has not gotten the recognition it deserves either.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That's because Scotty would have beamed him up, not Kirk. :D