Republicans Republicans chances of winning Senate majority continue to brighten

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 11, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Because I don't like her

uscvball likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Torture has happened since the beginning of time. We tortured lots of people in WWII and during the Cold War. The difference between the Bush era torturing and all previous similar actions is that the neocons publicly acknowledged it and tried to justify it legally. That was really stupid.

Torture is not very effective, but it can produce results no other intelligence can. It is important for governments that these actions remain covert! Why the Bush administration did not hold this information completely in the black defies all logic. Even Hitler kept his atrocities as covert as he could. It should have been rigorously denied, even after the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse.

So now we must make a big public apology, retract all torture justification polices, probably withstand multiple lawsuits, and endure the public enmity of allies and enemies, who do the same things themselves.

And then we go back to being covert in these matters, like everybody else.

mancha likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well said.

one could only hope.

please retract that before its too late.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I thought someone had kicked this thread as yet another example of him being ma bitch.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

What are you missing here? I am saying that no matter who is President we shouldn't compromise our values regardless.

I never said anything about Obama. You are trying to change the subject. I said that our values as a nation were compromised when we began torturing folks.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You didn't read the report. How do I know that? Because it was released yesterday and it's 6,700 pages long....the facking summary is 500 pages. What you are reading are merely political talking points and I believe you have paraphrased a bit inaccurately. Feinstein did not use the word "never" in her commentary. She said nothing "actionable" came out of those methods. And obviously the CIA disagrees with the Senate's opinion as does the former CIA director John McLaughlin.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"The CIA misled Congress and kept former President George W. Bush in the dark as it conducted interrogations of terror suspects that were far more brutal and less effective than publicly portrayed,"
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...about-terror-interrogations-report-finds.html

The report was allegedly clear that Brennan was operating on his own and kept not only Congress, but Bush out of the loop. To hear dems clamoring for Bush's head this morning is laughable. If Obama continually claims that he didn't know, then so can Bush. But I will point out that I have been saying here for a long time that Brennan is one evil mofugger and he operates with no control nor accountability. People should start to consider the truth of what he's done in all situations.

I addressed this above. Bush was not in the loop and that's the report Feinstein is flaunting all over TV today. This is about politics.

We should never have had to make an apology. I don't know what purpose has been served by this report. There is likely no chance now that we can prosecute 9/11 perpetrators. Americans, civilian and military, all over the globe are less safe today because of that report. You just acknowledged that we will continue to do what we do so what was the effing point other than political bullshit. I agree with shane.....Washington is full of hypocritical assholes who don't know how to lead.

tirk likes this.
  8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I'm not defending or justifying torture, but if you believe the Democrat only Senate Intelligence Committee report that it did not work then you are swallowing a bunch of crap.

Torture wasn't invented post 9/11 and it was implemented because it does work. Yes, it produces false stories, confessions, etc...but it provides valuable info also or it would not be done. The effort to torture is not done out of pure sadism.

And in war, only the Moral die young.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not only did we not invent it, we apparently borrowed a bunch of techniques from Stalin. But we did pay a couple of Air Force nut jobs $80M to come up with some new and interesting methods. What a waste of money.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are like a broken record. Do you ever have anything substantial to contribute?