Republicans Republicans chances of winning Senate majority continue to brighten

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Why do you keep defending this shit? You act like the fact that individuals within our own government acting outside of the bounds of our national values is no big deal. I'm not naive to think it doesn't happen but it has no bearing on our ideals as a people and what we are striving to become.

A summary does not necessarily equate generalizations. A summary is a shortened version of the original; that is all. I have no intention of reading the entire report. I read the summary and that is enough. Have you? This is about your government. The one that you claim is always over-reaching, over-extending it's authority.....and now look at you toting the rock like a patsy.

red55 likes this.
  2. Tiger in NC

those "some folks" you are talking about are religious zealots; at least the ones who truly believe in that shit so your comparison is a false one. slavery was an American value at one time too......and the lack of women's rights......

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Where exactly did I defend it? It is what it is and sometimes it's necessary. In fact I have called Brennan, someone who operates on his own directives, pure evil. Does that sound like a defense?

Um, I just said I didn't read it. Frankly I have a hard time believing that could read 525 pages of torture reporting in a day and truly absorb it all. After all I just said I didn't read it but you asked me a second time.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Semantics. Bush always used the term "enhanced interrogation techniques" rather than torture. Were you fooled? I didn't think so. Nobody was.

And it was a long list of "techniques" that he approved, did you read the link?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Intelligence Committee staffers said they had found CIA records that specifically indicated that Bush was not briefed on the interrogations until 2006, and that when he was, he had expressed discomfort at descriptions of prisoners chained naked and forced to urinate and defecate on themselves....Staffers said a document from 2002 indicated that the agency had been preparing a briefing for Bush, but that CIA records showed that unnamed White House officials told the agency that the president “would not be getting the briefing” — implying that some administration officials were also hiding information from the president.

Feinstein quoted then-CIA counsel John Rizzo as saying in a 2003 memo that then-Secretary of State Colin Powell “would blow his stack” if he were briefed about the program. The California senator quoted CIA records as saying the agency had also withheld information about the interrogations from then-Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld."

Clearly the CIA knew some things they didn't allow certain folks, including Bush, to know. Does it really make a difference in the overall picture? IMO, no. What I despise is that the UN nitwits are calling for Bush's prosecution along with others and again, to what benefit was the release? The Intelligence Committee spent over 6 years putting this report together. Perhaps they should have been focused on the real bad guys.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its called plausible deniability

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The terrorists are religious zealots too

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

9. Tiger in NC

I know, and they are both bat shit crazy

10. Tiger in NC

No, there is never a situation when torture is necessary unless you do not believe in the rule of law. Again, day in and day out I read you guys flipping out over illegal immigration and rail on about the rule of law. Now, when the rule of law means that officials in our own government committed acts that, at least, would be considered outside the bounds of the law, if not down right criminal, you say that sometimes it is necessary. You really should make up your mind.

Winston1 likes this.