Reranking the 2004 recruiting classes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Laminator, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

From collegefootballnews:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/726003.html

No doubt this class was phenomenal. But to me, Saban's legacy will always really just be about keeping Louisiana players in-state. This was a phenomenal Louisiana class (on the Hits, 8 of 12 were LA prospects, and Charles Alexander isn't even listed) and we got the best ones.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Ouch, it's tough to see Ryan Miller on the misses category. He had a mountain of potential and even played as a freshman or sophomore.

3. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Is Luke Sanders really a miss? He didn't really live up to the lofty expectations but he was a 2 year starter and a contributor on a MNC title team. It's hard to call that a miss.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I honestly don't see the point of reranking a 4 year-old class. I read the article hoping it'd be interesting, but kept thinking about Hester and Xavier Carter and thinking, "C'est la vie".

An old coach of mine used to say winning was about "Hustle and Desire". Add that to a recruiting class and 4 years later, I wouldn't be surprised by very much, either way.

5. Caliendo

Caliendo Founding Member

Thats what I was gonna say. How is Sanders a miss when he started for two years? Just because he wasn't an All-American means he was a miss

6. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

He came to LSU with pretty high expectations and really became an important role player rather than a dominant player. Yes he was a key part of the team, but I think most people thought he would do more. Still though, I'm glad he was playing for us and made the most of his opportunity.