Respect from Bama fans...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Nov 1, 2009.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Those types of fans think they're going to get the team that played against Florida. They'll be in for a big surprise. It's hard to entirely dismiss what LSU did to Auburn after seeing them dismantle Ole Miss. The pre-Auburn offensive style definitely would not have put up 42 on Tulane, either. Meanwhile, the defense is quietly becoming a force to be reckoned with. If the run can be defended with a little more consistency, Bama's going to have a rough afternoon. None of the national pundits seem to be giving LSU a chance, and in a season that has been relatively lacking in upsets, this game has one written all over it.

2 people like this.
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

If we run the same offensive scheme that we did against Florida, we will lose and Scott will run for less than 40 yards. If we run an offense like we did against Auburn, we have a very good chance.

3. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Me too, I'm so sick of everyone penciling in UF/Bama. This is our chance to shut all that lovefest down.

And I"m with you on one thing, Bama fans are pretty arrogant. They've been running a poll since Sept. about who will finish second in the SEC west.

1 person likes this.
  4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well I take it for what it is worth, a message board like ours.

However what I like is the fact little to no one is giving us a chance in the media.
    Again tonight on ESPN they were all talking about the WInner of the Bama UF game in the SEC title game.
    I really hope the LSU team is watching that and hearing how everyone has handed Alabama this win already.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Both teams have very good defenses (Bama's D line seems better than ours). Both teams have individual stars on offense, Tide has Julio Jones and Mark Ingram (the best back we have seen). We can counter with LaFell, Tolliver, Scott, and Dickson. Both teams have some questions at quarterback. The Bama place kicker is very good, Tiffen.

I see Bama is a 9-10 pt. favorite at their place, as they should be, they are ranked #3. We've played a little harder schedule (Fla. instead of Va. Tech), which should help us, maybe we're a little more battle tested.

There is nothing magic about the Bama name. I think we can hang with Bama this year, unlike last year (we did play our best game of the year except for the bowl game, against Bama).

I'm pulling for JJ to continue to improve, and LSU to upset the Tide at their place, 21-17, in a hard hitting intense SEC affair, for leadership in the West!

This is what we've been waiting for, for a year now. Our opportunity to earn a ticket to Atlanta; let's enjoy the week. The eyes of the nation will be on this game! :geaux:

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I think we see Les really challenge the O-line this week in practice. They absolutely MUST step up for Bama. We cannot afford to get blown up on the LOS the entire game. Jefferson and the running game need all the help they can get.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

It's the SEC fellas...LSU vs Bama...Strap 'em up !!!!!

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Coach Miles vs Nick

Nick will try to run the ball and stop the run at all cost !!!

Coach Miles will try to run the ball but has more options and stop the run!!!

If Nick can't run the ball his passing attack is forced and he does not handle any team that can match up with him well.

Coach Miles will go to a complete spread if he must. He has shown a wide open offense if he has to but prefers balance. I think CLM will be happy to see CS the truck pond and match the power of Bama.

I think Peterson will be matched up against WR Jones as much as possible !

If CLM wins this one he is 4/1 against Bama!

We will not be favored to win this game and I can't tell you who will. If LSU wins this game they will be favored to win out until Atlanta.

Beating Bama and the Gators will push Coach Miles to the very top of the heap in the SEC and shut up many. Who cares if the jerks of the world still talk about the way he wears his hat?? Who cares if they think he is only lucky>??? We will know that he formed this team on the run and brought down the big boys!!

Geaux Tigers :miles:

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

man, alabama is going to crush us? Guess we shouldn't even make the trip should we? Lets just pack it in, even though we haven't lost to them at Bama this decade.

1 person likes this.
  10. valve

valve Veteran Member

I have to work in Alabama and the fans over here are showing more worry than I have seen this year but the Las vegas line favoring Alabama by 10 has gotten them cocky again. If our offense coaches and players shows what they can do then it will be a good game.