Respect where Respect is due...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu_mackey, Oct 29, 2009.

1. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Looking good. Those stats should improve vs Tulane...

:geauxtige

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Much improved from last year

4. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Two things:

1. Washington game was not good for this defense.
    2. I believe that this is one of the best defenses in the nation. If our offense could have kept a few more drives going, our D would not have to be on the field so long. therefore, not give up as many yards.

In other words, as compared nationaly, If LSU had performed better on offense, Our D would jump quite a few spots. One of the best in the nation.

Even with LSU's D having been on the field for so many plays, those are good stats.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

One thing that I noticed is that we are exactly ONE yard per game behind Alabama in passing defense. This comes as quite a surprise, because we all know that Saban is the best in the business in terms of molding his secondary. I’m not insinuating that Bama is lackluster in that regard, I think it just speaks very, very highly of not only our DB’s, but also Ron Cooper. . .one of the unsung heroes of the defense but whom many of us expected to make a serious & immediate impact. Man, just think back to last year and how atrocious our pass defense was. . .

Having these sort of defensive statistics in a coordinator’s first year is remarkable. There’s always a learning curve at the beginning of the year, so that usually weights the stats against you at first. If you could mathematically flatten out that curve, we’d most likely be top 3 at this point.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

F the HATERS! lol

But really, what a good job. Much respect to Coaching staff on that side of things.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Just think if we had a pass rush . . .

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think we are going to see more of what we saw in the AU game from here on out. JC may have been reluctant to be over agressive in that area, being concerned about the secondary. Now that it is apparent that the secondary is pretty solid, having the LB's make a stronger push to the QB will be possible.

9. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Amen,

Just think if we had a running game...
    ...to get rid of all those 3 and outs

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think that we will continue to see a more fluid offensive attach like we saw in the first 20-30 plays of the AU game. Having the plays scripted well, to set up short yardage situations, where we can continue to move the chains.