Rewatching the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Sep 5, 2010.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

So the game is on ESPNU right now and I'm re-watching it to see what went wrong. However, I am delightfully surprised to re-watch the game. I am now through the third quarter in the game and it is still 30-10 LSU. Now I know this means the offense hasn't scored in over a quarter, however, the defense has shut UNC down in the first half of the second half. We have played 3 quarters of good football, or great defensive football and ok offensive football. The ever popular "vanilla" offense can be attributed to the 20 point lead, and the lack of defense can be attributed to the bevy of time spent on the field in the second half and the lack of a sense of urgency. I am not pleased by this game, but rewatching it, I feel MUCH better than I did previously.

We held UNC to 10 points through 3 quarters. It should have been 3 points through 3 quarters if it weren't for the dumb roughing the kicker penalty. The defense slipped in the 4th quarter and the whole team slacked in the 4th, but it's not as bad as we thought. We have Vandy and Miss St. to pick it up during and improve our game. :miles: I believe in this team and the Mad Hatter. Geaux Tigers.

2 people like this.
  2. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

LSU didn't look as bad as some are making out, we have plenty to work on but I think this will be a good team.

1 person likes this.
  3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

We had a bad 4th quarter and nearly lost the game. 4th quarters will kill you if you lose focus and don't play well no matter how good one looks for 3 quarters.

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Truth.

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Players maybe, but the coach was just hoping the clock would run out because he could do
    nothing about what was happening on the field.:geauxtige

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Better watch out for MSU. They should have beaten us last year and they look like a completely different (better) team. They're actually balanced and can beat you tunning or throwing.

1 person likes this.
  7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

24 yards rushing for UNC was a plus. But as someone has already said, we looked good for the first three quarters but we almost lost the game.

Plenty to work on and plenty of film to grade.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

30-10 after the third quarter?....if I were you, I'd hurry up and turn off the TV and go to bed.

...sweet dreams.:)

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

SUNSHINE PUMPER!!!!!LSU!

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I pump sunshine, but i agree, that really rained on me. :nope: