Rice super regional

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

If LSU and Rice both win their regionals today, will they play the super regional in the Astrodome or Enron Field? Does anyone know? Either one would be a lot better than playing Rice on their home field. If the Cajuns win today, I'm sure they would play at Rice's regular field since there would not be nearly as many Cajun fans making the trip.

2. StLee

StLee Founding Member

Hopefully that won't happen in Game 2, but if they do, the ULL fans travel very well! Did you see the CWS two years ago when the Tigers and Cajuns both made it to the final four (and LSU ended up going all the way)? There was definitely more ULL fans there than Stanford or Florida State (I think that's who LSU beat to get to the championship game). There was about a 4 to 1 LSU/ULL fan base in the final four. Both were rooting for each other. No matter which team goes to Rice (assuming Rice beats Washington), there will be a lot of Louisianians there. Guaranteed.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

from what I understand the Superregional WILL NOT be moved. It will be at Rice.

What comes out of a Chinaman's ass?

4. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

The game's @ Reckeling(sp) park. And is sold out! Even the hill behind the outfield fence. That's about 6k fans per game. Rice baseball does have a big following here in Houston, but I bet the stands are split 50/50. This is a great place to watch a game...however if you don't have a ticket...you'll be paying top dollar.

Here's to the Tigers making it to Omaha.

Geaux Tigers