Richard Clarke Testifies

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, Mar 24, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/03/24/911.commission/index.html

Here is a quote from this article that struck me as very strong and as an indictment on the US government for the 9/11 tragedy.

Clarke began his testimony with an apology to loved ones of those roughly 3,000 people killed in the attacks on airliners, the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

"Your government failed you, and I failed you," he said. "We tried hard,but that doesn't matter because we failed you. And for that failure, I would ask, once all the facts are out, for your understanding and for your forgiveness."

We have been discussing this gentleman the last couple of days, and his words today sting greatly IMO. I also do not feel this is ALL Bush's fault, as Clinton had his opportunities to handle this situation in office as well.

You live, You learn. glad to see he is accepting his share of the responsibility.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Richard Clark is trying to spin the stuff he said back in August 2002. He claims that he was only doing what the adminstration was telling him to do, speak as positively as he could about the situation surrounding 9/11 and keep the negatives to a minimum.

Hogwash.

Sad to see this guy make a single penny with this book. But people will flock to buy it. I just hope this audio ruins his book sales, as he has lost all credibility, IMO.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

That is a good story. Why has this guy done a 180?

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It called a dolla bill yall. He is trying to sell a book. You think he would sell a book that applauds the Bush Adminstration?

Just think a little while on that and you will see the light.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Clark's charges about how poorly prepared the Bush administration was before 9/11 will be hard to prove and he shares some of the blame himself, perhaps. But his charges about how Rumsfeld/Cheney used the 9/11 attacks to pursue their agenda on war with Iraq seem well documented and are going to hurt the Bush administration in this election, I think..

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Because you don't burn bridges in politics. What he said lasy January is what we all should expect from political appointees.

At least until they can get their book together...