Rick Clausen to Tennessee...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, May 29, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Whether he plays or not, he knows Nick and Jimbo's offense inside and out by now. Tennessee's defensive coordinator will be be buying Rick a lot of lunches. Talk about a scout.

Craig Nall was smarter. Go to I-AA, start immediately, and earn an NFL shot.

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Nall was a very good QB. All three of those guys went to the NFL. I do not think Rick Clauson is NFL stuff. No matter where he plays.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Youre absolutely right, he just doesnt have the size. Nall is a pretty big guy.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

HOW Can you

Compare Craig Nall to Rick Clausen. I wonder sometimes if some of you ever have seen LSU play. Nall could have gone to another Division 1A school and started but he left LSU with 1 year left. Clausen is so bad he probably could not find a Division 1 AA school that would waist a Scholarship on him. Hell he could not start at any school in the State of Louisiana thats how bad that guy is.

Tenn gave him a Scholarship because of his brother (edit by admin)

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Re: HOW Can you

Currently, he's a walk-on at Tennessee...according to Brent Hubbs of Volquest.com.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Re: HOW Can you

I won't "waist" much bandwidth explaining, but Clausen is not as bad as you suggest. He could start in I-AA. He'll never start at Tennessee.

7. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

I wonder... how substantially does the playbook change from year to year? If it changes a lot, when do the players get to see it? If the timing were right, Rick won't know what next season's offense will be exactly.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I would imagine that it would largely depend on the personnel from year to year. For instance, the playbook would have been very drastically different from 2001 (Davey, Reed, and co.) to 2002. Where as, from 2002 to 2003 wouldnt be very different at all since the top 2 QBs are coming back with most of the receiving corps and what we hope and expect to be a comparable running game.

9. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Spring Game 2002

I saw Rick Clausen Throw a Hail Mary 30 yards on the last play. Man what a talent he is

10. HogNation#1

HogNation#1 Freshman

Who could blame the guy wanting to go to greener pastures