Rick Claussen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Apr 10, 2004.

1. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Whatever happened to Rick Clausen?

2. lsujay

lsujay Founding Member

He transfered to Tennesse and is battling for the starting QB position this year...

3. stk

stk Founding Member

He was listed on CFN as one of the top transfer talents. Good riddance to that clown as he was truly a terrible qb.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well I dont know if he could be called a clown, or can we judge the fact he is a bad QB. He played what 2 series as LSU's QB. He transferred because he was not as nor ever will be as good as the QB's LSU has on their roster.

I think its great the kid picked LSU over everyone else, came to school here, gave it his all and realized he would never play a down so transferred to an inferior program in order to get some playing time.

I wish him the best, he was a Tiger and left on good terms.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Classy post...

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree TexasTigers, he looked at Mauck having 2 years left, Randall having 2 years left and the 2 freshman and knew he wouldn't play. I don't think you can blame a kid for transferring in that scenario either.

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

He was not a very good quarterback. He might have developed into a decent one now, but when he was here he had no arm strength, always seemed to put the ball behind the receiver, and looked as if he would be snapped in half he was hit.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Sounds like he was afraid of competition...

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Horsesh!t. Rick Clausen worked hard in the LSU system for three years. He came in undersized for the SEC, but bulked up in his redshrt year. He competed for the QB job and even started one game when Mauck and Randall were both injured. He came in third after spring practice last year and smartly decided that his last two years would be better spent starting somewhere else rather than sending in plays here (as did every other QB on the roster! Ricard, Harrison, etc).

He left in good graces with Nick and has never said a bad word about LSU. I'm surprised that he chose to go to Tennessee. I don't think he can walk in and start there. He could have gone to McNeese or Northwestern and started for two years, perhaps earning a Craig Nall-like shot at the NFL.

He could have stayed here on scholarship and gotten a Sugar Bowl ring as a reserve. But he's competitor enough to try for the starting job at another SEC school. Clausen made a smart move to transfer when he did. You guys are the clowns.

10. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Randall wasn't injured when Clausen started the Ole Miss game. Randall was performing poorly in previous weeks so Clausen got the nod. He was taken out after the first quarter after going 2-6 for 9 yards and an interception. Randall came in, went 13-20, 179 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs.