Rick Claussen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Apr 10, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Why wouldn't they recieve rings? They are part of the team aren't they? National championships don't come around everyday and footbal makes big big money for LSU so I would hope that everyone involved gets a ring whether he is the best player on the team or the last man on the roster. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I thought Clausen was a good team player and handled his transfer very well. I wish him the best in whatever he does. That said, if he is in contention for the starting QB position on the team of a potential opponent I am very excited :grin:

3. CharleyLake

CharleyLake Freshman

Thank for the question and responses

I had wondered about R. Claussen and only knew that he went to Tennessee. I am new to Tiger Forums and it is always great to hear comments about the classy former Barbe athletes that are Tigers(J. Vincent, Andrew Wright, and newcomers Ryan Miller and Joe Lawrence).

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Atheletic schlorships to LSU are not "cheap beads thrown off of a float." Someone from LSU thought enough of the young man to invest one of those schlorships to the young man. Must have shown some talent or promise somewhere. I have never heard any comments from him such as "they never gave me an equal chance" or "I just didn't fit in down there." Looks kind of like a good kid to me. If he was a "clown" then maybe the recruiters need to be watched a little closer. But it seems to me that they know talent when they see it. :grin:

5. friday

friday Founding Member

the clausen's

I agree, no reason to bash the kid. his family, from what I understand, are classy, good people. however, I don't think rick is an SEC caliber QB. I think the only reason casey clausen started for tenn was because they were weak at the position. casey clasuen was just an average qb and will never make it on an NFL club. to think that the kid was hyped pre-season all sec and heisman material was a joke.