Rick Jones new head coach?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, May 29, 2006.

1. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

if and when Skip makes his change when would it be?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

once a certain team gets knocked out of the trny, i think.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I'm gonna come out in strong opposition to a zombie coach.

4. KC Tiger

KC Tiger Freshman

Who cares if he coached at TooLame? He built that program into a national contender. He would be a huge improvement from Smoke, and if he could take us back to Omaha nobody would hold that against him. Lightenup!:geauxtige

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Someone go on the OSU board and say they saw Anderson at Ruth's Chris in Baton Rouge talking to Skip...can you say meltdown?

I think Skip will wait another year. Baseball isn't like football and is relied on to bring in the revenue. If it sells then it's a drop in the bucket. He can afford to ride it out. Now for assistants? I think I'd be checking the classifieds.

6. I'd like to see Wayne Graham of Rice come in. He's 627-257 over there.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

and losing to prairie view in the 8th 5-3.

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Well... because I would rather LSU hire someone from within than hire someone immediately from "off the street," even Rick Jones. There will be an inevitable "drag" on the program if a new coach, staff and coaching methods are brought in. I would think that LSU would fare better if they retained someone like Turtle rather than hiring someone immediately--either way there would be a drag, but hiring from within would give LSU time to hire the proper guy. I didn't mean it as a permanent solution, only that if they were going to hire CRJ, they'd do just as well to promote someone from within the current staff.

9. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Better to sacrifice a year's recruiting class and to hire the best person for the job instead of promoting from within a member of this losing coaching staff. Afterall this promoting from within crap is how we got Smoke in the first place.

10. mpadow

mpadow Founding Member

Didn't we already try that "hire from within" method a couple of years ago...how did that work out? Now you want to hire "from within" again from a declining program. I don't think that would go over too well.

Rick Jones would be a no brainer.