Rick Jones new head coach?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, May 29, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I dunno. Bianco played and coached for Skip. He runs his program like Skip did here. If the money was about equal, I don't know if he could turn down Skip.

But I don't know if bottomline Skip would pony up that kind of money.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

LOL! I make a great wife! I have the sports on whenever possible. The only problem is during baseball season and we have the different computers in the house tuned in to both the LSU and Tulane games. (I generally camp out in my office for the LSU broadcasts.) Running through the house so we can each get back to "our" games can get a bit hectic and there have been collisions in the hallway.:hihi:

But yeah, it makes it easier for him.

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

If I'm not mistaken, MB makes around 400K and gets some kind of stepend from something else. And you can bet, the way things are going for him now, with a SR coming up at home, and the possiblity of a CWS appearance, money will increase. Just the threat of LSU coming to call helps his worth. I believe he is the highest paid bb coach in the sec. I ain't saying he wouldn't leave, cause I don't even know the man. I have no idea how he feels. But Skip will have to come off that pocketbook.

4. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

What I heard from the A.D. at O.M. was Bianco was in the top 4 in salery and he wouldn't get in a bidding war with LSU. He would make a competitive offer based on what he believes Bianco should be paid and that would be it.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bianco will not stay or go because of money, ole siss will match Skip, he either wants to be a Tiger again or not. Ole Miss = security, anything halfway competitive and Bianco is the greatest thing since sliced bread. LSU = the sky is the limit no glass ceiling like at ole miss + its where he got his start.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Rick Jones has said over the past couple of days in TV interviews that he will stay at Tulane as long as they will have him.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree. There's been a major decline in both--specifically pitching, IMO. I know some will say it's obviously "hitting" that's in decline, using examples such as the lack of "gorilla ball"--but the new bat restrictions took care of most of those HR's--not only at LSU, but all across the country....