Ricky Blanton coming up on ESPNEWS at 4:40

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by crawfish, Mar 29, 2006.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

He didn't think LSU would make this kind of run being as they're so young.

Just talking' about LSU's run as an 11 seed back in the day compared to George Mason's run.....

Now he's talking about Shaq being a senior in high school when he was a senior at LSU and how both wore #33 for the Tigers. Said Shaq was a skinny kid and he was surprised to see how big Shaq turned out to be...

Also mentioned that John Williams was one of the best college basketball players he's ever seen.

Nice things to say about Dale Brown as well....

3. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Post what he says....

4. tigerball

tigerball Founding Member

Ricky Blanton is the picture of a team player.:lsup:

5. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

There are a couple of things I remember about Blanton.....one is the final shot he made against Georgetown. The other is when he was running down the court flailing his arms and looking like he had Down's syndrome. But I liked him!

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I remember that as well! I also saw it on the TAF website (under the Great Moments in LSU Sports History) the other day, and I couldn't help but laugh.

But, yeah, I did like him a lot back then, too.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

what's funny is out on the west coast espnews said blanton was coming on, but they waited forever for the IU pres to introduce sampson, then started talking lsu basketball=not to blanton, but to glen guilbeau.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

What is Ricky Blanton doing now ? I know he was @ Nichols then something happened. Did he mention anything or does anyone know ? I sure wish him well whatever he is doing.

9. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

don't know what happened at Nichols but I know I heard a radio ad on WJBO and I think he now works for Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Louisiana

He was always one of my favorite players. He actually came and worked out with (or actually during) my high school P.E.class at Parkview Baptist class one year when he was trying to make the Olympic Team. Coach Boot Garland was the P.E. coach and he regularly had LSU athletes coming to him for extra training

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Ricky was involved in a case of acedemic fraud at Nicholls. He was allegedly the architecht of a scheme that was getting students credits for classes they did not actually take. He was rumored to be the ringleader of the scheme. This is the same thing that got Daryl Daye fired even though Daye was not involved.