Ricky Jean-Francois Chooses LSU Over Bulls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Feb 10, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Maybe this:

The track program helps the football program attract another great recruit. Geaux Shaver!!! LSU!

2. cajdav1

And while I'm thinking about it, I wonder if LSU's track program and the great things it helps their athletes accomplish, as well as the many LSU athletes that were in last year's Olympics helped convince his parents that LSU would be place for RJF to be. Maybe they have visions of him representing Haiti in the Summer Games.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

L'Audace! Toujours L'Audace, mon Tigres.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Based on his coach's comments and his "fights" with his parents, I feel good about him being able to earn his spot on the playing field. I have a feeling that he may be like another Marcus Spears. ;)
    ________
    Zx14 vs hayabusa

5. philter

philter Founding Member

He better at least be thinking about it, because 2.5gpa + 16 composite is not enough to fully qualify. If he is not worried, maybe he won't study hard enough to raise that to at least a 17 - which would most likely put him in.

I do like his attitude regarding showing teams they were wrong to pass on him though. Desire and hunger are more thah half of what makes a great player.

I also think Dunbar may have influenced his parents. Is it a coincidence that 1 day after Karl contacted the family Ricky got permission from his family to sign (earyly I miight add...Friday was the original decision date)?

6. cajdav1

philter from what I'm reading about him and how hard of a worker he is I feel good about his chances of qualifying. I don't think we need to worry about how hard he is going to work the rest of this semester if he has worked this hard to pull his grades up. I think the chances of him being at least a partial qualifier are very good at this point.

7. philter

philter Founding Member

Yea I'm optimistic too, he seems like a hard working kid. If you compete at the highest level in football and track and field, you have to be a hard worker. I hope and feel he can keep his gpa up to 2.5+, because if it drops any lower, his ACT requirement will go up :(.

8. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

One thing i'm really confused about;
    He said in the Miami Herald article that U of Miami was not interested at all in him ????? Not interested ?
    Why is that ?
    RJF was in the top 10 players in the State of Florida, lived in Miami and wanted to go there. What is up with that ? Their recruiting certainly was'nt that good that they did'nt need this guy.

Any ideas ??

9. cajdav1

Their entrance requirements are higher than most public institutions and I guess when they first saw his grades this fall they figured he would not be close to being able to be admitted. That's also how we got Ali Highsmith.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's quite possible that his work ethic has little to do with his lack of academic success in the past, and especially on tests like the ACT. He obviously comes from a household where English is a second language. That puts students such as himself at an instant disadvantage when compared to native English speakers.