Ricky Jean-Francois Chooses LSU Over Bulls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

Thanks for the info. That said, why did'nt they sign him and place him in a JUCO ?... or does UM not take JUCO players ?
    I'm just suprised that UM did'nt get in on this guy at some point late in the recruiting season, when it looked like he may qualify.
    Heck UM is a good academic school, but so is Tulane. I remember Tulane had the University College and other programs to keep football players eligible. I would assume UM has the same or better set-up.

Now don't get me wrong - i'm loving this gift horse, but I cant help looking in it's mouth.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

anyone seen a picture of this kid? he looks like he's 30.

isnt there some incompatability between being a shot putter and a DE? to be a serious shot putter wouldnt he need to gain a lot of weight? he's 6'3" 250. olympic shot putters are usually 270-300 I think. could he still play end? I'm assuming he's more of a speed pass rusher. maybe they'll move him to DT.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

hes 240 right now....I seriously doubt he will ever be a dt....

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I don't know, the average high school kid isn't 240 and "cut". So I don't find it all that hard to believe that he threw the shot put in high school.

Now, I've certainly NEVER thrown the shot put (as a 5'8", 170 lbs. Sr. it's not hard to imagine that I never threw it) :hihi: but I guess if you have sound technique and a strong lower body it's possible he can do it in college.