Ricky Jean- Francois has not signed with anyone yet

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Indiana Tiger, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

Family is torn:

2. Fightin4LSU

Fightin4LSU Founding Member

Obviously RJF wants to be a Tiger, but the Dad has some kinda beef with LSU, I wonder what his problem is?

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Based on previous articles, his Dad appears to be some sort evil-fearing, evil-warding-off, anti-brainwashing witch doctor. But that's just what I got out of it...

4. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

When a kid wants to be a Tiger, I want him to be a tiger. His dad needs to think about what is best for Rickey, not for the daddy!!

5. friday

friday Founding Member

the best quote was the claim that Tampa was a much safer place for their son than Baton Rouge. What the hell does that mean? did his parents google crimes per capita and then spewed off this nonsense? these people are worse than serena williams' overbearing dad. he may not be worth a scholarship is he's gonna pull a lavelle hawkins.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is typical "I want my son to play close to home so I can see him play" stuff. Sometimes a kid is a Mama's boy who needs to stay close to his family. They end up playing for the home school.

But . . . other kids are itching for an opportunity to get away from domineering parents and live their own life. They go out of state on a complete scholarship.

We'll see.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

If Ricky's dad want him to stay home, that is fine with me. There wasn't a problem wiith RP's family wanting to stay close to home, so that sentiment should get extendend to all kids, IMO. But this family seems to have a lot of crap to work through. I think his HS coach has the right attitude in staying totally out. The statement that Ricky's father "won't allow his son to go to LSU" is worrisome. The father could be a major headache if he doesn't get his way!

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

This could end up being like the recruitment of Chris Jackson. She never signed his LOI and he waited until the summer when he was 18 I believe so he could sign it by himself.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

The way I recall it, the reason she wouldn't sign the LOI is because she more or less had CJ on the auction block, looking for the highest bidder. I remember
    she actually threatened to send him to Alcorn State...you know as well as I do that there's no way they're in the mix if there isn't something funny going on.

10. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

Actually, you can't sign the LOI yourself, unless you are 21 or older. CJ never signed the LOI because it's not actually required to be on a ship. However, for a number of reasons, it's not a very good policy to go around the LOI. CJ's case was one exception and the RJF may devolve into one too.