Ricky Seals-Jones 5 star WR

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tigerchick46, Jun 5, 2012.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I would be cautious getting my hopes too high. Type that is all over the place and still get the feeling Texas is where he will end up. Basketball seems to be the one thing that might sway him elsewhere and We are recruiting he for both sports from what I understand.

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

If he came to LSU that would say a lot about J.J IMO bigger pickup for bball team hype wise

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I got a call today but promised not to go into detail. I am changing my stance and saying LSU has the lead and not looking good for Texas.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  5. tigerchick46

So technically I broke this story here at tigerfan? Is that what I'm reading btwn the lines? :) j/k you are still all knowing Bhelm......GeauxTigers and thanks for the scoop!

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  6. tigerchick46

Per DandyDon

The hot topic in football recruiting is that Ricky Seals-Jones, the nation’s top ranked wide receiver, has de-committed from Texas and is now considering LSU, Baylor, and Texas A&M, as well as the Longhorns. Jones is an extremely athletic 6-5 receiver who also plays basketball, and he would like to play both sports in college. Evidently, Texas was not thrilled with that idea, but LSU does not have a problem with it. A commitment from Seals-Jones would be huge for new head basketball coach Johnny Jones as well as Coach Miles. Seals-Jones is widely considered the top wide receiver prospect in the nation.

7. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

I am hoping that we will get Ricky Jones, so we will be set at the WR position this recruiting class. So that Rickey Jefferson can go to another Major College without anybody blaming him. In my opinion his older brother did to much damage in throwing coach Miles under the bus in that interview after the National Championship game. What get's me is that Coach Miles did every thing he could for JJ.

8. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Rickey will be playing db not wr in college we still could really use him. Just because JJ threw miles under the bus doesn't mean Rickey would do the same. Two different people

As for seals-jones that's a big ole boy who could really dominate maybe his freshmen year NFL body with big hands and good speed hope we're putting the full court press on him

9. ASD

ASD ASD

10. tigerchick46

From ESPN Insider today......

LSU is expected to open up its offense this season with quarterback Zach Mettenberger now stepping in behind center to start. The transformation on offense may be exactly what the Tigers needed to land top playmakers at wide receiver -- particularly the nation's No. 1 recruit at the position, Ricky Seals-Jones (Sealy, Texas/Sealy). Plus, LSU would allow the wide receiver to pursue both football and basketball.

"Sources within the 247Sports network feel that LSU is very confident about landing the 6-foot-5, 225-pound playmaker as a football and basketball prospect," Hookem.com reported. "Additionally...sources close to LSU were suggesting the Tigers were still aggressively pursuing Seals-Jones even while he was committed to Texas."

Texas hasn't been deterred despite the decommitment from Seals-Jones.

"Even with all of those things said, a source we spoke with who is close to the situation said they've heard Seals-Jones mention multiple times in the past week that Texas is where he wants to be," Hookem.com added.

LSU could now be the leader in this race. Texas is trying to make up ground. While Texas A&M remains the wildcard.